Mot

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Just out of interest, say your MOT is valid for another few weeks and you book a test before that date.

If your car fails MOT does this invalidate your current MOT / Insurance even if you still have the current certificate?

Flapps

Banned
Drives
Skoda Super-b
They usually take ur old disc/certificate of you when you go in so it probably would be invalid if you dont have a certificate to produce if stopped.
Bring the certificate in with you and leave the disc at home so you have that atleast to display

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
In a weird way, I think it does invalidate it. Just dont tell anyone it failed though lol

big cyril

RMS Regular
Not sure about the insurance - my mother's A class failed on headlamp adjustment and she called the insurance company to see if it was still insured ok until she got it fixed and retested and they told her it was fine.
Probably depends on the company and what it failed on.

Marc

RMS Moderator
you don't have to hand in your old cert or disc.. so i would say no, its got a current certificate, and you can drive away until you get the defects repaired IMO

if police stop you, you have the current valid one :grinning:

Flapps said:
They usually take ur old disc/certificate of you when you go in so it probably would be invalid if you dont have a certificate to produce if stopped.
Bring the certificate in with you and leave the disc at home so you have that atleast to display

big cyril

RMS Regular
If you have the old cert with you they keep it but I've had no problems on a few occasions I've forgotten to bring it.

Smick

RMS Regular
OP
Smick
Drives
CLA45
Aye they dont keep ur certificate, give you it back even if you fail.

Thot that cuz you could get a test date on the last day your current certificate is valid to so you would be drivin the car anyways to hat date if you hadnt booked a test earlier. If you know what Im on about?

Smick

RMS Regular
OP
Smick
Drives
CLA45
lordchris said:
how wud that dirty old corsa get through an mot

lol who said anything about it bn my car we are talkin bout??

And less of the 'dirty old', its a lot newer than ur french piece o crap :party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.