My insurance sucks lowest quote is £3065

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

themadthamps

elephant.co.uk? they gave me the cheapest quote but watch they dont quote you for 10 months instead of 12months, they gave me cheapest quote

Neil_M

RMS Regular
22, first car and policy etc. 1.4 '03 Fiesta Zetec, £1400 and im BT39 too!

My only advice would be to bite the bullet with any car and get a policy under your own name and start earning some NCBs.

The car would be your stumbling block along with your age.

Another point to note, that many of the free insurance schemes that you get when you buy a new car, many arent recognised by insurance companies!

Marty_87

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0TDi
£1500 FC in my own name 1yrs NCB, my first time it costed my £2300 FC my own name.

Thats with Ballyclare Insurance Services

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
BurntCarcus said:
It pays to be an old git for once :laughing: WOOHOO! £490 fully comp :p

Try Northern bank!
LOL I'd hardly accept a £20 from Northern Bank never mind insurance :p

What I did...
Took my own policy from the start as it's best way to get it down
I went 3rd party F/T on my first two cars as they were more-or-less runabouts so
I went fully comp when I bought the current car as I intend to keep it :grinning:

I've been with Quinn Direct for over 3 years - no probs and very good price (cheapest I could find)

First ins (age 19) 1997 1.2 Clio (no mods) - £1900
- After 6 months it was £80 more to insure my 2nd car (1997 1.4RT clio)
- After 1st year (Rplates down) ins dropped by £700
- A further 5 months I traded the 1.4 for my current car (1.5 dci80) added an extra £550 to go fully comp on a £10k car
- £1100 for my 3rd year
- currently on £875 + the monthly charge now as I relieved the parents of the lump sum. Works out £75 per month :grinning:

Quinn only charge for suspension or engine mods (depending what is done) so mine could go up a notch soon.

Still affordable (y)
Trev

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.