My insurance sucks lowest quote is £3065

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
tim said:
yeh but he's a late starter he forgot to mention that he only passed his test at like 19 or 20 ie 20 yr old first time driver ...... on a vts .... age makes all the difference

Does it bollocks il be 22 in march and got quoted £2495 fc on a dturbo assuming im insuring it after my bday.

2 little dings though which doesnt help:worried:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
VTS Lad said:
Admiral - 20 no NCB and one accident - 1200 3rd party fire and theft 1st time - group 14 saxo VTS, beat that!

not sure anyone wants to beat that. if u have another incident like last time and wreck the VTS then you're out of pocket. I would only go TPFT on something very very cheap!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
The lowest price I could get was £515 as a named driver on my parents car :worried: :party:

lorneM

RMS Regular
my first year insurance was 3300 on a 1.3 mk2 golf with 4 gears and that was with quinn could only paythat for about 6 months then went on my dads insurance for 1 1/2 years had another golf and a seat ibza and it stayed around 1300 then got my blue golf driver which standard as a 1.6 is group 10 insurance so i couldnt get it insured on either my mums or dads name had to take my own policy out again went to quinn again and they covered me for 2500 after driving for 2 years no claims no points bit steep but worth it year after it came down to 1800 then down to 1100 just there before christmas then it was wrote off that week so bought a 16v gti quinn wouldnt touch me for that cos i wasnt over 25 had to shop arround and got it insured for 704 quid with adrien flux group 15 and thats coverd with alloys and exhaust good luck its a pain in the hole getting sorted out

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
That has to be the longest sentence in the world, i can't comprehend it!!

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
I got lost after the first couple of lines as well Kerzo

when i passed my test at 17, my insurance was £200 under my mum's name on a mighty 1.2 Nova :grinning:

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Take it you've tried EA Davis & Hughs? Failing that, I think your going to have to either:

A) Get a cheaper car to insure (1.0 petrol power!)

B) Go on your parents insurance for a year or two with them as the policy holder & you as the main driver

C) Buy a brand new car with a year or two's free insurance & flog the Renault

D) Get a sex change & phone Sheila's Wheels

E) Pay the 3G :sob:

There is no way you'd ever catch me paying over 1G for insurance never mind 3!

jamesy

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Richy said:
thats preverbial chips bronk. i paid 2300 tpft for my first year insurance with quinn on the RS1100! you must be working a move in there somewhere!

He must be, thats a seriously low quote on a VTS, A VTS is group 14 i believe.

Bronk

RMS Regular
yeah the vts is group 14..but im 20 remember..but its still quite cheap for first time surance

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
bronko's a mature vts owner tho :p

age is against ya unfortunately u ave to start somewhere

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
whats your postcode mate? 3k is terrible.

Try Morrisons associates in Limavady or the postoffice. They beat all my other quotes by about 200 quid.

Postoffice are also giving me 2 years no claims at the ens of the year as ive been a named driver for 3.5 years before i got the oh so powerful 60bhp ibiza!

£1124 quid FC with audio coverage to 500 quid and 15 ich alloys. All while being declared as a student..i really should change that ive been a programmer for 3 months now!

Jason

RMS Regular
VEN©M said:
not sure anyone wants to beat that. if u have another incident like last time and wreck the VTS then you're out of pocket. I would only go TPFT on something very very cheap!
its a saxo tho - cud buy a shell for 7-800 if needs be lol

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
its the postcode that makes the biggest difference! my group 8 megane is costing about £900 for the year. i'm 23, 5yrs ncb and 3 pts. but would be cheaper if i wasn't bt23

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
VTS Lad said:
Admiral - 20 no NCB and one accident - 1200 3rd party fire and theft 1st time - group 14 saxo VTS, beat that!

Elephant-21 no NCB- £714 3rd party burn and steal- Group 11 corsa sport:laughing:

It was £980 for a VTS <<<---- wish i may be going for:p

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
Type R GT Champ
my postcode is bt39... its in ballyclare which is sorta in the country, past glengormly on ur way to larne

GSi Chick

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk4 GSi Astra
I've been a named driver for a few yrs, they take that in2 consideration at quinn! Get the policy in ur mum or dads name and b a named driver fair enough you won't b buildin up ur ncb but its a start 2 cheaper first time insurance in the future! U have 2 b realistic, i've been driving 4 yrs and jus got my first insurance there for £1300 fully comp

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Bronk said:
yeah the vts is group 14..but im 20 remember..but its still quite cheap for first time surance

I would have trouble getting a quote like that for a vts, im 22 with 3 yrs ncbs, its defo cheap for ur first time alright.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
i think Bronk told the insurers that he parks his car in his house at night. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.