My neighbour has scraped my bumper with there car and not said

billyboker

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
My neighbour has scraped my bumper with there car and not said anything i can see the blue paint on there car and some white on my car.
I don't know how to go to them and say because what if they say oh that wasn't me that blue paint was there already.
It could not have been myself because of where it is looks like someone reversing in marked it.
Rear off car.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I think with the paint transfer on each car it would be hard for them to deny. Worth a word for sure and see what they say.

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
I don't drink and he has friends in "places" of the community.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Has it scratched the surface? It may be hard to deny but also impossible to prove so depending on their attitude it could be pointless in trying to get your car fixed but may have the unwanted aggro of a bad neighbour situation

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Have a chat with them in a polite way

They may not have realised they did it - hard to believe I know but my Mum has scratched bumpers on fences more than once and not even noticed

They could then offer to fix it which is great, if they argue about it and get angry then I’d leave it and take it on the chin as it’s normally not worth the bad feeling with neighbours

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
I just spoke to hubby he doesn't drive he said it was already there when i pointed to paint on my car he said yeah maybe it did happen. He didn't go in and ask if his partner had done it he just said i will get it fixed.
Yeah @mk2driver this is not the first time this has happened in the street and so many problems arise from it.
Going to see if some scratch X can take it off first.

Gambit

RMS Regular
That happened to me before. Neighbour reversed into mine and said nothing. I only found out as I seen the paint on my car and there's.....caller at their door but they never answered so I left a polite note on their car saying I think you may have reversed into my car. I then got a note in return saying they did but didn't realise it had damaged as it was very tight....told me to get quotes which i did...then again another note back n forth. Eventually they paid me cash to match the quote (from wrights)

I went and got both my bumpers painted elsewhere for the cash and everyone lived happy ever after

My experience detailed in here

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I know from dealership experience how easy it is to touch a car and not notice, be worth a word and see how it goes, I'm sure if they are genuine they may be completely unaware, especially if not precious about their car amd don't notice every mark.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
My neighbour came out of Tesco to find what turned out to be £4500 of damage the full side of his 4 series grand coupe.

The woman who did it.... knew NOTHING about it! She had swung in, ran her corner the length of his car, got out and went in shopping . Genuinely shocked and apologetic, but hadn't even noticed it happened!

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
I heard them having a full blown argument at 3am couldn't make out much of it but did hear F---ing car.
Don't know 100% but sounded like will hit his car right.

Then she went and sat in her car with the engine running for 30 minutes.

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
I know from dealership experience how easy it is to touch a car and not notice, be worth a word and see how it goes, I'm sure if they are genuine they may be completely unaware, especially if not precious about their car amd don't notice every mark.
Only a new driver year and a half and very pregnant i polished the paint made it a bit better but can still see scrape.
IMG_2127.jpg

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
SMART repair would be the answer for that.

Accidents happen. No need for a full blown argument about it, especially one bad enough to make her sit in the car at 3am 😟

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
Yeah @NI_Volvo_Nut i agree that's why i didn't go to her she seem's very quiet and shy and with her being pregnant i didn't
want to put stress on her.

I have been very polite and even said if it polishes out forget about it but it hasn't and looks like the bumper has been push out a bit.
Trouble is if she didn't know she did it and doesn't believe so. I will be out of pocket and can't prove who did it.

Then the insurance gets involved and who knows where it ends up.
I have been thinking of trading my car in how much will a dealer knock of the value for that.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Good call and good of you tbh, I'd probably do the same. Tbh depending on the age of the car and the conditional overall, probably wouldn't effect the value. Painting a bumper is generally £200ish, which at worst is probably what they will knock off trade in valve, if they even notice it

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Yeah @NI_Volvo_Nut i agree that's why i didn't go to her she seem's very quiet and shy and with her being pregnant i didn't
want to put stress on her.

I have been very polite and even said if it polishes out forget about it but it hasn't and looks like the bumper has been push out a bit.
Trouble is if she didn't know she did it and doesn't believe so. I will be out of pocket and can't prove who did it.

Then the insurance gets involved and who knows where it ends up.
I have been thinking of trading my car in how much will a dealer knock of the value for that.
Get a bottle of Colour Magic in dark blue if you're looking to trade it in ( and hope for a dull day :laughing: )

I traded my aunt's 2013 C1 in a couple of weeks ago and the dealer never looked that closely at the car at all. The back corner had a rattle can repair from me last year and, well, it wasn't exactly a professional job and they never even noticed it, nor cared.

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
Good call and good of you tbh, I'd probably do the same. Tbh depending on the age of the car and the conditional overall, probably wouldn't effect the value. Painting a bumper is generally £200ish, which at worst is probably what they will knock off trade in valve, if they even notice it
Last time i went in the dealer went around my car taking photos Trust ford Mallusk and pointed out all the negatives wheels and seats mostly with couple of stone chips. I have a refurbed set of wheels and front seats :grinning: to go in and had just touched up all the chips and she bangs the car.
My friend did say maybe its fate saying dont change yet.
The postman just knocked my door with a parcel for them so hopefully get a talk tonight. :worried:

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
@mike150 your more than welcome to come look at it and give a price.
Yeah most will come out i could do it myself i don't have the time or energy but maybe a lesson learnt would be to get it repaired and hopefully she will be more careful.
Its the other 25% that is down to the paint and the lacquer is very thin in some places could burn thru.
Theres more than what's in the photo.

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
@Boydie Castlereagh area but head up to Dundonald Ballybeen every sunday.
Just had a look she has knocked one of the parking sensors out :worried: dont know if it can be suck back in.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Boydie Castlereagh area but head up to dundonald every sunday.
Just had a look she has knocked one of the parking sensors out :worried: dont know if it can be suck back in.

I am about all day Sunday so PM me if you'd like to pop in - I will be working away at our own cars no doubt/cutting grass etc... :joy:

billyboker

RMS Regular
OP
billyboker
Drives
Focus
Cheers @Boydie
I have contacted a smart repair company if they don't bother i will let you know it would 4ish on Sunday dropping grandson off.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
@mike150 your more than welcome to come look at it and give a price.
Yeah most will come out i could do it myself i don't have the time or energy but maybe a lesson learnt would be to get it repaired and hopefully she will be more careful.
Its the other 25% that is down to the paint and the lacquer is very thin in some places could burn thru.
Theres more than what's in the photo.
Bit far away for me I'm afraid as I'm in Ballynahinch. You'd need to leave the car in with someone like @Boydie or a smart repair company could do it at you convenience like Revive.