My street sleeper

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
About the Orion
Lurking under the shell of my somewhat ordinary looking Orion is a real performance tool. The Orion is capable getting to 60mph in an eyewatering 16.7 seconds from its Cosworth-derived 1.8 MFI diesel engine. The 60bhp proven cement mixer lump has seen off many a hot hatch at the traffic lights and is also practical around town. The large boot allows handy grocery storage at Tesco once you finally wrestle with the non power assisted steering into the allocated parking bay. The 110 Newton Metres of torque is similar to what you may experiance in a V12 5 litre sports car, but with the added bonus of tempting a modest 55mpg from the tank. The performance of this practical race car is added to with uprated heater plugs, ensuring a faster start. The unique driving experiance is one not to be missed, with both low down grunt and an amazing top end rush at the 5000rpm rev ceiling. Sporting a stylish LX trim option, the Orion not only offers speed and practicality, but also comfort. The beauty of this car is its versatility. One minute it's happy plodding along at a steady terminal speed of 95 up the M2, then take it down a B road and watch as it wallows round corners, aided by excellent grip offered by the Tupperware rubber on 14 inch wheels.

Modifications:
Polished rocker cover
Magic tree
T-Cut

Future modifications:
New wheel trims
CD head unit (OE still fitted)
One of those "racing" filler caps that 1.1 Saxos with R plates seem to come with as standard.

Pictures

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
I had an old 1.6 D a couple of years back. Bought it for the winter for £100, and drove it for 6 months! Wouldn't pull the skin off a milk pudding though. All ended in tears when the towbar broke out of the floor when I was towing a trailer down the road:sob:

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Aye ryan, this one wouldn't pull te hat off your head.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.