New baby

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
image.jpg
Finally picked her up yesterday. Had a wee hoke on her last night and she goes well!

genman

G
Nice in the daylight...wee hoke...judging by the tyres it was fun ...ENJOY

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Nice in the daylight...wee hoke...judging by the tyres it was fun ...ENJOY

Yip tyres well scrubbed in...only the faintest of chicken strip, that'll be sorted this weekend lol

Hel

RMS Regular
Ohhh nice nice nice! Love that paint scheme too. Health to mono wheel

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Take a tooth off the front, a run out is much more interesting then;)
Yea Mike it might be the only mod I'll do but tell u wot she goes rightly and I'm only going easy...totally different beast than the Big Bang

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Yea Mike it might be the only mod I'll do but tell u wot she goes rightly and I'm only going easy...totally different beast than the Big Bang
Mine has plenty of mods but that's the best value for money mod of all.

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Couldn't
Ohhh nice nice nice! Love that paint scheme too. Health to mono wheel[/QUOTE
Ohhh nice nice nice! Love that paint scheme too. Health to mono wheel

Couldn't resist a couple of wee ones when I was out the other nite..so sweet on the balance point :grinning: but no more until after the first service lol

Reactions: Hel

genman

G
front tyre saving already.
Once the service was done on mine it felt great just using 3rd gear for flowing bends...engine has a lovely spread of power after 4500rpm and its nice and linear til about 10000...beyond that i whimp out unless its a straight.
Far faster than most people expect....my RSV4 is relatively sluggish at the top end and in some ways i do miss the GSXR induction note.
You've got the last of the dying breed of gadget / rider aid free bikes (power mode doesn't count as its never needed anyway ).
Give the brakes time to bed in...they work fine just takes a bit of getting used to the spongy feel and the rear locks up easily.
One thing for sure...its far easier to service than the R1 would have been...lets hope it serves you well on longer trips.....can't see it being overly thirsty vs the R1 either....30 miles on the reserve is possible at moderate revs.

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
I think the brakes are great, very progressive not too bitey on first pull but the lever comes back to the bar way too much..even with the lever on setting one. I usually use two fingers to brake but the lever comes back to my knuckles so I've to use all four now. I'll have to get GS's to sort that at the first service.

Other than that I'm well happy!!

genman

G
I think the brakes are great, very progressive not too bitey on first pull but the lever comes back to the bar way too much..even with the lever on setting one. I usually use two fingers to brake but the lever comes back to my knuckles so I've to use all four now. I'll have to get GS's to sort that at the first service.

Other than that I'm well happy!!
II doubt GS can do much....Suzuki never really got the shape of the lever right and it always feels like its bending....i stuck a set of Chinese short Pazzo style levers on mine and they worked a treat for 2 finger brakes....also helped with the clutch reach especially after wrecking my wrist at the end of last year.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
They're a great bike and i love mine but the brakes really do let them down
I've changed pads lines brake fluid and the brakes are still muck. I've ordered a brembo RCS 19 master cylinder hopefully that will sort it

Disconnect the power mode switch under the left bar you'll keep hitting it and knocking her into c mode lol

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Sweet let me know if the cylinder sorts the brakes..and yip ur right I already done that one..had only left GS's and by the time I got onto the dual carriageway I had hit the switch..I was thinking to myself this power is very smooth till I realised I was in power mode C loll

genman

G
Try plumbers thread tape on all the bLeeds nipples.
Works a treat when getting those last bubbles out.
I've also has little success of bleeding the calipers whilst still mounted...always had to tilt and shake them to dislodge the last pockets of air.
A 19mm rcs master is a common change on the RSV4 which uses the same calipers...pricey but effective

slag

RMS Regular
Man that is awesome!

RCS19 MC has probably been the best mod on my K5, although I binned the Tokico calipers at the same time in favour of Brembo M4 stoppers, so I'm unsure which change made the difference.

Mabb

RMS Regular
OP
Mabb
Drives
MT10 X5
Man that is awesome!

RCS19 MC has probably been the best mod on my K5, although I binned the Tokico calipers at the same time in favour of Brembo M4 stoppers, so I'm unsure which change made the difference.

Cheers bud, if this rain would clear up I'd get out and get her run in!

Tbh I'm happy enough with the braking performance based on the first run I've had my issue was with the lever travel. It was coming back very close to the bar even on setting one, however, I had a wee look at it there and turns out the adjuster wasn't seated properly and it seems to be better now (y) (y)

This is my first Gixer and so far I'm well pleased actually I'm fecking buzzing lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.