New Tint Laws As Of 1st Of June

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TINTMASTER

Well folks the fuzz have finally decided to clamp down on the front tints 8o|
as of the 1st of june any glass forward of the B pillar that is more than 30% tinted will cost you a £30 fixed penalty :sob:
they probably be giving warnings for the forst month like they did with the mobile phone/driving thing and after that it'll be ticket time
confused_smile.gif

and if that wasn't bad enough, if your glass is really dark they can make you park it up and make you taxi/bus it home and have to get it picked up by low loader
angry_smile.gif

sorry to be the 1 to bring this to your attention folks
embaressed_smile.gif

MarkOne

RMS Regular
so my "wat were legal at the time of tinting" all round is now gonna attract even more traffic branch attention? worth noting that i got my drivers window redone on saturday and peter from ts autotints said even he had been pulled by traffic branch who insisted his were illegal, he then said no and opened his boot and said look mate i do this for a living, let me see the light testin measure which the cop then produced and incorrectly used forcing peter to point out that as the cop had said they were 65% and peter said ie 35% light so therefore legal, the cop took his business card, let him go without any hassles and a week later he was foned and asked if he wud call into his local cop shop and train all the the local traffic branch how to actually use the light testin machine correctly!

casper-ac

RMS Regular
has anyone actually got there fronts tinted to the legal limit?
How dark is this?
im assuming a very light smoke?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Ach nightmare. Is that just in the ROI or is that going to be UK law as well, since you guys are across the border.

Andy

Jmax

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
Ach nightmare. Is that just in the ROI or is that going to be UK law as well, since you guys are across the border.

Andy

yea i was thinkin the same myself lad will check l8r and post it up when i talk to a m8 that works in the mot center ;)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Not much use if he works in the MOT centre and not the PSNI. Its already in force in the MOT centres, this is on the spot fines we're talking about.

Andy

will

RMS Regular
how do the police tell if what % of tint you have on windows, is there some way they can measure it or is it just left to their *good* judgement??

Jmax

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
Not much use if he works in the MOT centre and not the PSNI. Its already in force in the MOT centres, this is on the spot fines we're talking about.

Andy

ah well i can check that aswell

Jmax

RMS Regular
will said:
how do the police tell if what % of tint you have on windows, is there some way they can measure it or is it just left to their *good* judgement??

they dont, theyll just look at it and if u give them ne crap theyll probably fine u

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Police will most probably have portable tint transparency testers.

Andy

p 5ary

RMS Regular
MAN14C said:
Whats next, cops will probs come up with sumfin stupid after this to pull ppl over

police dont make the law mate, they just enforce it!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
im getting my windows done this week and im offered 3 options
light
medium
dark
can anyone tell me what percentage is each?
thanks

Porter

RMS Regular
i always thought that cars with the light blue tint on the windows was the maximum tint permitted,

odd

does this mean that cars tinted before the new law will be allowed to keep them?

TINTMASTER

OP
TINTMASTER
Cooper said:

Andy

sadly this is for the uk folks, was talking to inspector hasslett from the maydown traffic branch and he informed me that the law will be enforced from the 1st of june:worried:
they will be using a portable 2piece tintmaster light transmission tool to read the side front windows and windscreen.
but if a police officer doesn't have the tintmaster in the car they can sumons you to appear @ a local station and have it tested.8o|

TINTMASTER

OP
TINTMASTER
Porter said:
i always thought that cars with the light blue tint on the windows was the maximum tint permitted,

odd

does this mean that cars tinted before the new law will be allowed to keep them?

if its over 30% on ANY of the windows forward of the B pillar then its classed as illegal man,
most standard glass already holds about 22 - 27% alone so anything on top of that will surely push it over the legal limit!

MarkOne

RMS Regular
easily solved if yer fuse box is handy to reach in the car, when u c em comin after ya 4 anyhing put the windys down and remove the fuse lol ;)

Daz_PD

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda Octavia 2.
lol, bollocks just when i get my tints, this happens.

Porter

RMS Regular
Fezari said:
easily solved if yer fuse box is handy to reach in the car, when u c em comin after ya 4 anyhing put the windys down and remove the fuse lol
wink_smile.gif

LOL

thats one way to do it

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i had light smoke on the front, but when added to the factory tinted window it was only letting 16% of light through at the mot centre

Bilal

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla Y
p 5ary said:
police dont make the law mate, they just enforce it!

indeed true gary.

*** sakes this new law is gay bet sum time soon theyll be no tints allowed altogether!
Was on the fone to pentagon tints other day askin for quote for gettin me tints redone when my mot comes round, fella said theres new laws comin in so theres ne point in gettin front 1's re done. Dindnt really bother listenin to him n now this topic is up, it clarifys he was rite!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i never bothered to get it redone, tho my car looks a bit wierd with dark smoke on the rest of the car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.