Next Trackskills Track Day at Kirkistown is Sunday 23rd April.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Hopefully I'll make it too!
Couple of friends of mine thinking of a track car but not quite 'over the line' yet.
If you're thinking about it at all take a race up on Sunday and get the wheels in motion.
Even as a spectator.
Great day out!

AndyG

RMS Regular
Anyone got a genie with left over wishes?

Attachments

• IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 151

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Absolutely smashing day had, great turn out.
Big thanks to Brendan Cumiskey for taking my young lad for a passenger run out.
Fingers crossed for both Michael & John in the MR2, hopefully running again very soon lads.
Well run as usual Donal etc

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Was down watching for a bit today before lunch. Seemed like a good range of motors. @Les Graham your wee clio was going absolutely fantastic, along with Marc's old one. Would really like one as a track toy. The sound of that Maserati was something else too. Was speaking to the owner for a bit and he seemed very down to earth. Loved the big V8 rumble from that lexus too. However, my favourite, a car I always wanted when growing up, and took me back to my first track day experience about 15 or 16 years ago with Club GTi was the original Subaru Impreza, they just sound incredible. Another well run event by Trackskills, and the calibre of vehicles going to this now is a sign of how well Donal and the crew run the event.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
How do these normally work, timings / cost / eligible vehicles etc? Wife has asked me what i want for my birthday and the M5 is in good working order with brand new brakes and tyres..... I'm assuming it's going to be a bit cheaper than going back to the Nurburgring. LOL

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Was down watching for a bit today before lunch. Seemed like a good range of motors. @Les Graham your wee clio was going absolutely fantastic, along with Marc's old one. Would really like one as a track toy. The sound of that Maserati was something else too. Was speaking to the owner for a bit and he seemed very down to earth. Loved the big V8 rumble from that lexus too. However, my favourite, a car I always wanted when growing up, and took me back to my first track day experience about 15 or 16 years ago with Club GTi was the original Subaru Impreza, they just sound incredible. Another well run event by Trackskills, and the calibre of vehicles going to this now is a sign of how well Donal and the crew run the event.
Get out and get one bought, great reliable little motors and plenty of us driving them to have a big spares bin to keep everyone running happy all day!
You know you want to...

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
How do these normally work, timings / cost / eligible vehicles etc? Wife has asked me what i want for my birthday and the M5 is in good working order with brand new brakes and tyres..... I'm assuming it's going to be a bit cheaper than going back to the Nurburgring. LOL

Essentially its open to anyone and anything, so you can drive your daily round, or bring your track toy, the only requirement I am aware off is noise must be below 108dcb or something like that from memory. Cost is all down to how mad you go, the day is £120 (I think from memory), and with that you will get plenty of track time. Track time is usually split into 15min sessions, so you can literally go back to back, or take a break for a session or two and then go back out. Usually start at 11.30 and run until 5 or 6, depending on who is left and willing to go out. The track itself is hard on the front left tyre, and can be very hard on brakes.

Optional extras for yourself could include trailer hire to bring your vehicle down and another car for tools and spares etc, track day insurance for your own protection etc etc. It is well worth it, and you will definitely enjoy the adrenaline rush.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Thanks Leslie, yeah looks like it seized, con rod bearing most likely (not the only engine to go bang today : unamused:).
Typical Toyota though, it still starts and runs, but sounds horrendous.
A shame really, but it has been going round in circles for 4 years now and we reckon about 10K track miles at this stage.
We still have to figure out next steps, most likely another engine, we'll have to see.

Great crowd and a very busy day, all credit to the Trackskills crowd and marshals.
Video of it's final run :confounded:

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Hard luck but that is some serious track mileage on that 3SGE epic little engines. I'm sure you will find another rev3 pretty easy or even a beams redtop to fit in there!

Emm Beams redtop does sound good.
The car is still in great shape and far to good to scrap. I would be lying to if i didn't admit to a certain attachment to the car as well.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Thanks Leslie, yeah looks like it seized, con rod bearing most likely (not the only engine to go bang today : unamused:).
Typical Toyota though, it still starts and runs, but sounds horrendous.
A shame really, but it has been going round in circles for 4 years now and we reckon about 10K track miles at this stage.
We still have to figure out next steps, most likely another engine, we'll have to see.

Great crowd and a very busy day, all credit to the Trackskills crowd and marshals.
Video of it's final run :confounded:

That car is too good to scrap it.
Beatties in Camlough your best bet. I priced rev3 3sge before and they were quoting £150. Easy swap too, remember how many times I had mine in and out before changing to Clio!
Wee buns, I'm about if you need a hand!

Yesterday's videos up in a while too...

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Thanks Leslie, true gent.
You certainly had a lot of sport yesterday, all that is left now from a weight reduction perspective is to remove the badge and sticker's :p from the Renault.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Thanks Leslie, true gent.
You certainly had a lot of sport yesterday, all that is left now from a weight reduction perspective is to remove the badge and sticker's :p from the Renault.
Reckon there's a few kilos yet bud, it's all about fuel economy you know. I wouldn't spend Xmas!

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Good day yesterday , huge turnout of all shapes and sizes , loud and quiet , rough and smooth , expensive and less expensive ! but all flat out .
Only downside was less tracktime but not complaining , conditions superb for quick lapping , no idea what times I was doin , but felt good .
Just as we started to think the white mr2 was unburstable , well whaddya know it burst ! disappointing lads but if it can be replaced for £150 then it's not to bad , here's hoping it's as easy as that .

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Good day yesterday , huge turnout of all shapes and sizes , loud and quiet , rough and smooth , expensive and less expensive ! but all flat out .
Only downside was less tracktime but not complaining , conditions superb for quick lapping , no idea what times I was doin , but felt good .
Just as we started to think the white mr2 was unburstable , well whaddya know it burst ! disappointing lads but if it can be replaced for £150 then it's not to bad , here's hoping it's as easy as that .

Cheers Arnold, hopefully we will be back out there again soon holding up folks once again (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.