no front bumper and no plate?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Porter

RMS Regular
i had mine on top of my windscreen ( outside) for a while while o for somewhere to put it on the bumper,

they wernt to impressed,

least ur displaying it somewhere as opposed to nothing at all

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Yea, I did. Apparently if you hit a person it is alot more likely to seriously injure them, or cut them severely in a very low speed collision blah blah, i didn't really listen to the cop

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Im sure they'll be fine for a couple of days till i get the lot sprayed again cud put the plate on my radiator support

Porter

RMS Regular
just say some one has just stole it, LOL

or say why whats wrong, and get out of the car and in shock shout some fukers stole my bumper, LOL

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
lol - iv learned being cheeky to the police doesnt work porter lad!!

court on friday!!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Porter said:
just say some one has just stole it, LOL

or say why whats wrong, and get out of the car and in shock shout some fukers stole my bumper, LOL

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LMAOOOOO i could picture that happen lmaoo would be soooo funnyyy :laughing: :laughing: :sob: :laughing:

MK3 Ladlol - iv learned being cheeky to the police doesnt work porter lad!!

court on friday!!

ohhhhh sh!t, hope al goes well for ya man

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
Rik 106 said:
Yea, I did. Apparently if you hit a person it is alot more likely to seriously injure them, or cut them severely in a very low speed collision blah blah, i didn't really listen to the cop

what a loada balls... that copper was probably making that up instead of saying sorry... ballroot

pablo

RMS Moderator
not really balls - what would you rather be hit by? A nice soft plastic bumper or a sharp metal chassis leg?

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Rik 106 said:

just say the last pedestrian you hit survived thanks to your bumper, hence its away getting re-sprayed :party:

jason i drove round for near 2 weeks with no bumper on the coupe at one stage!

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
from the point of view a car will fail the mot due to no front bumper, hence its illegal to drive around without one, but the law would probably turn a blind eye unless they are really crooked.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Prob depends on the car really, a standard 406 or something and they will turn a blind eye, a highly modified car with a young driver and 70% of them will be rubbing their hands

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I would much rather see some modified cars with no bumpers rather than the abortions they are currently sporting :party:

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
If you where stopped at one of those vechicle check point thingys were they usually dip for derv, or by Traffic branch, ya might find yourself in difs and they could tell you that you car minus bumper is unfit for road use and is a danger to other road users, and could possibily make you get it lifted by tow truck etc., God forbid if you were involved in an accident, your insurance might use the fact you had no bumper fitted to invalidate your insurance again using the unfit for road use line.

I would try and keep the amount of time on the road without a bumper to a minium. (y)

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
VEN©M said:
just say the last pedestrian you hit survived thanks to your bumper, hence its away getting re-sprayed :party:

jason i drove round for near 2 weeks with no bumper on the coupe at one stage!

No offense pete but ur coupes bumper was prob more dangerous than the car with no bumper :p

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i ran a pigeon down on the way to jeffs house, made a real tidy job of it, splitter took it to pieces.

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Youd prob get a bumper for a tenner out of a breakers. Give u more time to mend your own, saves your radiator from stones, and avoids this issue. Once done, take it back to the scrappy or heap it over a hedge.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.