No R plates?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave

RMS Regular
wat can be done if ur stopped an found that u hav no R plates up wen ur an R driver? anyone hav any experience of this?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Can also get a 3-month (or possibly longer extension) on having to put them up as well. If it was me I'd stick them up so that there's no reason to be stopped.

Porter

RMS Regular
kylus1986 said:
the police are gay they need to wise up
speed limits 4 r drivers should be higher

agh why exactly?

the majority or driving would be in a 30 zone anyway.

and its not the police that set the limits they only enforce it.

away build up a few more shítty posts and come back to me.

vza

they dnt have r plates in england,but personally i had noprobs with the police while an r driver,so long as ur sensible about u can cut the r plate down,most police dnt mind it,anyway,since when does an r driver stick to 45?

Bryan

RMS Regular
I missed my R plates when I came off them - the car windows looked kinda bare. Took a while to get used to it...

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
vza said:
so long as ur sensible about u can cut the r plate down,most police dnt mind it
If you cut the R-plate in antway, it is no longer considered an R plate, and as a result u will be judged not to be displaying one. Automatic 2 point fine AFAIK.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
kylus1986 said:

hahaha thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard imo they should try and catch little boy racers with 'R' Plates going over THEIR limit and give them a **** lot of pointsand if u do it again u should loose ur lisence fair enuf every1 likes 2 creep up over the speed limit every once and a while but a speed limit is there to keep YOU and OTHERS safe

Dave

RMS Regular
OP
Dave
only place it matters is the motorway, havin to do 45 in a 70 is just embarassing

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
EdgarZR said:
only place it matters is the motorway, havin to do 45 in a 70 is just embarassing
And unsafe at times. That's why I crept up to 50ish when it seemed unsafe to do 45, e.g. coming off a slip road onto the motorway.

vza

i got pulled on the m-way (theres a post about it somehwere) the copper said 60 is a pretty safe speed for r drivers

I had to cut them on my mini or I couldnt have seen out
hahaha

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
you drove with l plates without a problem before you got the test, so where exactly does the problem lie in driving for 1 year with r plates on? if you dont like looking in your windows and seeing them, buy magnetic ones, and you will never know they are there

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
why ****in cut the R plate down???? its as blatent as a baboons arse no matter wot size

even hiding half of it under a sunstrip or behind a tinted window it still can be seen

if u want to go driving around with it off, go for it, but dont drive like the ****er and give the pigs an excuse to do u - if u have been stoped and not for wrecking and they ask for your lisence just say u dont have it or somethin

Rachie

everyone has to have r plates. we've all done it. people need to stop whining and start concentrating on their driving as opposed to worrying about looking inexperienced cuz uve just passed ur test. pathetic.

Mr 106

RMS Regular
kylus1986 said:
you are showing your naivety there. They are there for a reason.. to keep new drivers at sensible speeds until they have acquired some "on-road" experience and sense.. that cannot be taught.. that has to be learnt.

without apportioning blame at yourself, its all to common for new driver to think they are the poodle's dik when it comes to their driving skills without realising how poor their judgement can be.

these people usually either put others' 6 feet under, or end up themselves fertilizing flowers.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Daz said:
They are there for a reason.. to keep new drivers at sensible speeds until they have acquired some "on-road" experience and sense.. that cannot be taught.. that has to be learnt

wot about those who have experience but have had their lisence revoked and have to do their test again and have "R" plates for another year?

then R plates are a pointless to an extent

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
The whole R plate system sucks. L drivers should be taught how to drive right up to the speed limits on all types of road - the tests are so revised and detailed nowadays that R plates are just a further barrier.

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.