Noodles Mk2 FL Octavia vRS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
So finally got the coilovers fitted thanks to @Fatman and @browne174

Still have to wash the car and fine tune the height...think it needs lifted at the back about 10mm to get rid of the felt spec look...

20161228_083304.jpg

Sorry about the dirt.

Next thing is wheels and an intake :grinning:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Received this today :laughing:

20170104_163415.jpg

Lovely big intake! Not mega money either and should keep me happy for a while.

Not gunna lie, I only really bought it for the noise but if it makes the car perform even just a wee bit better I'll be very happy :grinning:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
They list the intake as compatible for the earlier vRS (i.e., different engine cover with filter built in) but surely they are different? My K&N typhoon had a giant intake pipe.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Wooo.. thats a very good price.

I've just purchased a few bits for mine or i'd have had one as well!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
That's very low

You must be rattling like a skeleton having a w#*k in a biscuit tin when driving it

Believe it or not its actually quite comfortable :grinning: Obviously a wee bit firmer as to be expected with coilovers but its not bouncing down the road on the bump stops.

It's all because the height is adjusted separately from spring preload so no matter how low you have it you will always have full damper travel :laughing:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Yeah your's was the black MK1 if I remember correctly. Very very nice car! Paintwork is flawless :laughing:

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah your's was the black MK1 if I remember correctly. Very very nice car! Paintwork is flawless :laughing:

Cleans up well for the age of it, I might get the front bumper resprayed for stone chips but it really is a nippy runaround I see how it goes this year.

I wasn't sure what you looked or I would have said hello was talking to Connor briefly on the way out.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Cleans up well for the age of it, I might get the front bumper resprayed for stone chips but it really is a nippy runaround I see how it goes this year.

I wasn't sure what you looked or I would have said hello was talking to Connor briefly on the way out.

Yeah looks like a very good example.

Aww sorry dude, I didn't know who anyone was bar that wee group lol, should have said hello :grinning:

Nice upgrade :cool:

How are you finding it compared to the mk1?

Thank you! Absolutely love it! It's a fantastic all rounder, does decent MPG, is quick and fun to drive when I want it to be but also very comfortable and relaxing when I'm just cruising about.

The MK1 is brilliant too but in a more raw way. It makes you want to drive fast all the time. Would be a perfect weekend car and I'd love to keep it but I'm gunna have to get it advertised soon and sell her on

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Yeah looks like a very good example.

Aww sorry dude, I didn't know who anyone was bar that wee group lol, should have said hello :grinning:

Thank you! Absolutely love it! It's a fantastic all rounder, does decent MPG, is quick and fun to drive when I want it to be but also very comfortable and relaxing when I'm just cruising about.

The MK1 is brilliant too but in a more raw way. It makes you want to drive fast all the time. Would be a perfect weekend car and I'd love to keep it but I'm gunna have to get it advertised soon and sell her on

Don't know about the raw thing now :p

Maybe it's just because mine still has the handling characteristics of a boat lol :party:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Don't know about the raw thing now :p

Maybe it's just because mine still has the handling characteristics of a boat lol :party:

Ah yes well mine with the coilovers and the milltek exhaust and the turbo chatter it feels like you're driving about in a rally car :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.