Over 75's should be banned!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big cyril

RMS Regular
wee_neiler said:
I wouldnt say there is a category specifically that covers ****e drivers... In my experience ive found all sorts of people being **** drivers.

Like he said ^^^^^^ (y)

All ages and sexes can be dangerous it depends upon the individual although young males do seem to have more serious accidents probably because of thinking they are Eugene Donnelly in a 1.2 Corsa (except an SXi) and passing where it isn't safe because the possiblity that something might appear over the crest of the hill , come round the blind bend etc has not entered their head ie young blokes do not really think they will be killed on the road and so take risks with their own and other peoples lives. In most cases younger blokes probably are actually quite good at driving , it's the lack of perception of risk which is the problem.

That is not the only category of dangerous driver however , there are others who are just plain incompetent and not at all competitive yet downright dangerous eg was heading towards Banbridge on the A1 from Newry the other day and a woman in a passat crossed the carriageway from a side road to turn right in front of me and another car.
Ok , until she started to slow down (me and car in front were doing 65-70) and was looking left , waiting for a gap in the traffic , totally oblivious to the fact that she was in fact waiting in the fast lane , NOT the central reservation.
The guy in front did an emergency stop and changed lanes , and the woman still doesen't know the accident she nearly caused.

Other things like lack of common sense can also be killers on the A1 eg cars waiting to cross pull out from the side road to move over to the central reservation then after they have pulled out discover that there is no space in the central reservation for them so they are also stuck in the fast lane, also trailers of lorries stucking out into the fast lane.

All these things are major risks but where are the PSNI?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.