Paying Insurance Monthly?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

barneydher

anyone know what firms will let me do this? Admiral and bell cant do it, they say they need the whole payment upfront? anyone know any companies that will allow me to pay monthly? cheers

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I thought Admiral/Bell/Elephant were starting to do finance style payments? Quinn Direct/Farmers union etc will. What about taking out a loan and paying it off - its the same thing really.

Andy

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
loans may add interest tho, right?

I always thought all companys let you pay monthly! :?

barneydher

OP
B
thats what i thought 2! Problem with a loan is that im 18! The quotes are for around £2400, and i cud easier afford to pay them off monthly. Admiral and Bell are just saying that they cant allow that on this quote?

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Get a virgin credit card ... they have 9 months 0% interest rate.

Adrian Flux offer monthly payments but they sure do charge for it.

big cyril

RMS Regular
If an insurance company offers payments over the year then chances are what is actually happening is that you are taking out a loan which pays the insurance straight away and then you are paying back the loan which will incur interest.

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
If you pay your insurance of monthly!! You will still be charged extra....

E.g I was qouted £1450 from Zurich

Then to pay it off monthly they wanted 9% extra on top of £1450......

So i paid it up front to clear it out of the way for the year

No insurance to pay for a year!!!

yeooooooo

pablo

RMS Moderator
its called interest - you take a loan to pay insurance thus pay interest. Which is a ripoff as you arent actually purchasing anything its more of a service so no need for money up front imo

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
I thought the vast majority of companies offered the facility to pay the premium in installments. Although they will prob add about 10% for the privilege.

If you are paying by installments, check the small print regarding claims. A few years ago my mates sister was involved in an accident and she was paying her premiums in monthly installments. Her insurance company refused to progress the claim until she had paid the premium in full.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.