POLITE or NOT?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NotKG

Banned
i vote NO!
IMG_20160322_185333.jpg

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Don't get that but also don't get why bikers wearing hi viz bibs should be banned.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Its the whole sub-culture of trying to look like police when you're not that I hate. There are already too many riders on white bikes with white helmets, black leathers and a hi-vis vest marshaling the traffic all around them, a polite vest is just the cherry on top. See also the ****ers in German estate cars with a hi-vis over the passenger seat or on the parcel shelf. C**ts the lot of them.

I'll just leave this here -

dannydnn

RMS Regular
Its the whole sub-culture of trying to look like police when you're not that I hate. There are already too many riders on white bikes with white helmets, black leathers and a hi-vis vest marshaling the traffic all around them, a polite vest is just the cherry on top. See also the ****ers in German estate cars with a hi-vis over the passenger seat or on the parcel shelf. C**ts the lot of them.

I'll just leave this here -

I watched one video of his ages ago and subscribed, I've wasted so much time watching him commute while talking ***** it's not normal!

And no to POLITE imo, yes to hi vis

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
That video pisses me off aswell. Bikers weaving in and out of traffic , undertaking , squeezing through etc. How the hell other drivers are supposed to keep an eye out for motorbikes is a mystery to me . "THINK BIKE" ? "BIKER - THINK" more like. They need to think about how vulnerable they are and drive more sensibly. Hi viz helps no doubt but so does not putting yourself in those positions. Workmen on roads are the same , they assume hi-viz means they are safe. Just because i can see you doesn't mean you can just dander up the edge of the road safely ! You still need to stay out of the way of danger in the 1st place.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Fella just outside Coleraine has his instructors motorbike stickered up with reflective hi viz etc.
Is that legal?
If I stickered up a silver Vectra but didn't put police (or put POLITE on it) anywhere on it would that be legal?

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
the Baron, and his riding style in his video's, is nothing really wrong with it, it's filtering/lane splitting and done by everyone in london including the dispatch scooters with L plates and 3 boxes on a overload scooter, and no one bats an eye,,, but it's so frowned upon anywhere else.
it's not illegal in a 30 to go to the left (with due care and someone has passed a junction and is making no attempt to change to the left, purely lane hogging, bit grey area), or use the oncoming lane, i'v rode in london, and it's really great here using the same form. i find some of his stuff (but not all) pretty good use of a motorcycle.
i see people on big bikes sitting in traffic in belfast, and avoiding bike bus lanes. but commuters are entirely different to sunday road warriors.
-- i have a freebie bike safe hi -viz i got doing bike safe with police. ----- i use at charity bike runs only, otherwise all black, but 2 headlights, 2 marker lights, & 2 DRL lights at the front.
--
but why would you want to look like a cop in NI,? NOT with increasing political troubles.

subscribe to the baron and watch a few of his vid's, they are eyeopening.
there is a instructor fella's blog too in england and he's flaming worse.

i don't know what looks stupider>>>> the hi viz POLITE, or the sunday run to newcastle, with 3 luggage that are the ugliest sight and purely for holidays.
LIKE- the GS with 3x alloy 2nd hand boxes of ebay, because they're stinking expensive, and 50 stickers from ebay or the previous owners treks. and they usually have to have more political crap stuck to it.
OR- the hyabusha and 3 x 52lt boxes on a monster ugly rack to carry a thermos flask . are they fekin boyancy aids of he goes through a puddle.?

-
ROFL

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That boy on the bike gave me some laugh calling the polite hi viz abuser all sorts of names. See nowt wrong with the riding in it either tbh, the advantages of riding a bike imo.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.