Porsche 911, 1990 964 C2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
As above my old boy jus got this home last nite, absolutly mint and flawless only 85k for a 1990 car i think is quite good, full history etc.. 1st mod will be a set of 18inch Cup rims :laughing:

dsc00010mm4.jpg

dsc00008ac7.jpg

dsc00012az4.jpg

dsc00011lr3.jpg

will get better pics once its clean

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
stunning drive too, drove it for about 10 miles there, certainly wakes you up in the morning!!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lovely car, the 964s and 993s were definitely the nicest of all 911's IMO ...... the newer ones do very little for me. Much more character and a throatier sound from the engine before they started going with traditional water-cooling in the later models. Just make sure your Dad drives it easy in this weather, they're notorious for the pendulum effect when they oversteer with all the weight at the back!

Gaz

Phil_D

RMS Regular
LOVELY....Agreed the 964's and 993 were the nicest..Would love a 993 GT2 in a few years...

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
big big money but! yea gaz i gathered that i took her a short spirited drive and wud deffo bite back!!

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Rim choice though.. thinking late shape turbo ones in 18s? cups? any suggestions?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Hard to beat the Carerra rims in 18". Cup are nice too but don't grab you as much IMO

993turbo.jpg

Gaz

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Oh that is sweet Jas Lad!

I know a guy from B'money who had a 964 C4 and it was fantastic, he said he made a huge mistake changing it for a brand new 996 C4S!! :oops:

The ONLY wheels for a 964 are the RS rims......;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 964RS.jpg
    964RS.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 677

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
yes, read the 1st line!

Dont know i think RS rims are while lookin! personally the carrera rims as posted by Gaz are the winner, hope they fit, altho they need to be staggered width

hendy18s

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 Golf
If you do come to change the rims give me a pm about the ones on it at the min!! I know of someone who would happily take them off your hands!!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Jas the newer Turbo/C4S look totally wrong on a 964, 911's that were made with the Turbo rims are wider bodied than your Dad's. They won't look right mate.

RS Cups are the only wheels for it IMO! Keep it as Porsche intended!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Looking well Jason, did you stay up in the end then?? Will get a good nosey over Christmas hopefully!

I'd be careful with choice of rims, as they are going to make or break the whole car.. it's a classic Porsche and slapping a huge set of modern rims on it is wrong imo. The RS are the period choice and take a lot of beating imo.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
they are the correct choice but a set of 996 rims i dont think would do any harm!

nah never stayed up got up early and took her a long drive, solid isnt the word. a very fresh car!

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Woodcutter said:
Jas the newer Turbo/C4S look totally wrong on a 964, 911's that were made with the Turbo rims are wider bodied than your Dad's. They won't look right mate.

RS Cups are the only wheels for it IMO! Keep it as Porsche intended!
true true, or a set of bbs splitties, cant see him buyin them tho :relieved:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.