Pot hole locations.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Im glad i stick bigger profile winter tyres on our motors, the usual low profile tyres would be destroyed this time of year

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Love using Waze for avoiding potholes, definitely saved me a few times on the mainland and in Europe!

Exactly, it would be really helpful if it had a larger user base here. I would use it constantly when driving in the States.

Dread to think what the Green Rd, Bangor, will be like in 2 years considering they've just dug a trench the full length of it, rashly thrown in a load of tar to repair it, and its a shoddy looking thing already. And it was not too bad to now. 8-(

Big part of the problem right there, no quality control or accountability for repairs or proper maintenance when companies dig the road up for one reason or another.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Does anyone else find Waze a bit sluggish at catching up on where you are at times? More so when you are driving through lots of close streets and you could be past the one you want before it realises where you are. I do prefer it for its all roundedness and additional warnings.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Does anyone else find Waze a bit sluggish at catching up on where you are at times? More so when you are driving through lots of close streets and you could be past the one you want before it realises where you are. I do prefer it for its all roundedness and additional warnings.
Don’t find that at all,
I’d have had that with google maps before ..

Waze was amazing driving up to Scotland from Manchester, as every hazard and every police car etc is v accurate with so many users ,
Still works fine over here but hopefully more will Start using it…
saved me a few times with speed traps and potholes etc

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Sadly in most case they will still sit there for 6 months after getting logged.

Yep, and it’s just another example of how ****ed this country is, but it feels as if we are institutionalised into thinking this is normal.

Stevie wonder could tell when he crosses the border from NI into ROI, ohh how I enjoy that smooth ROI commute.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Yep, and it’s just another example of how ****ed this country is, but it feels as if we are institutionalised into thinking this is normal.

Stevie wonder could tell when he crosses the border from NI into ROI, ohh how I enjoy that smooth ROI commute.
Used to be 20 years ago we were so far ahead on the roads compared to the south now they are 20 years ahead of us. But if you go off the main routes our b Road network isn't as bad as theirs I find.

RevT

RMS Regular
Some of the roads are poor here but generally ours are class compared to across the water.

Hit one near Sheffield the other night and nearly boked at the thought of being stranded over there at 6pm with no spare wheel or breakdown policy. Thankfully it survived it but I don’t know how.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I got caught out by this just before Christmas. A puddle a the side of the road pushed me closer to the middle and I clipped the corner of the cats eye and burst a 1 month old tyre. Luckily the wife was at home and was able to come and collect me to fetch a spare wheel.

IMG_4860.jpeg

IMG_4865.jpeg

dddrrift

RMS Regular
Exactly, it would be really helpful if it had a larger user base here. I would use it constantly when driving in the States.

Big part of the problem right there, no quality control or accountability for repairs or proper maintenance when companies dig the road up for one reason or another.
pass the ones on Ballyblack road east regularly and they are the worst i have seen. I hit it one night i forgot, another time i had to stop dead and wait to get around it. noticed a girl in a white estate car abandoned at it on Sunday too, clearly damaged the car badly.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Waze is great, but I was at the recycling centre at Alexandra Park Avenue yesterday and cut down Jellicoe Avenue to get onto Shore Road, heard the dreaded pot hole thud followed by an alert from Waze about said pot hole. Going slow enough not to cause any damage, but it did make me laugh and I let out "it's a bit f****** late now, Kate".

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
That’s not good!
The alerts are set to 0.3 miles I think, the alerts I get are always nearly too far in advance …

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
pass the ones on Ballyblack road east regularly and they are the worst i have seen. I hit it one night i forgot, another time i had to stop dead and wait to get around it. noticed a girl in a white estate car abandoned at it on Sunday too, clearly damaged the car badly.

Yeah, if you can’t move out to avoid the one heading towards Carrowdore you have to stop until you can.

As I know it’s there, I start to slow down on the approach. If I hit it, the damage caused would be substantial.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Big one right at the traffic lights @ Asda Dundonald, heading Ards direction.
Update on this. Has now been fixed with a bag of temp tar.

By the looks of it they threw it out the window of the lorry while driving past :joy:

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Update on this. Has now been fixed with a bag of temp tar.

By the looks of it they threw it out the window of the lorry while driving past :joy:

Pretty much sums up the approach to fixing anything in this country.

Put a sticking plaster on a gaping wound, sure it will be fine.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
That’s not good!
The alerts are set to 0.3 miles I think, the alerts I get are always nearly too far in advance …

Yea they're normally in really good time! Maybe she thought I was continuing down Alexandra Park Avenue at the mini roundabout rather than going left onto Jellicoe or it was marked in the wrong place. It did ask me if it was still there too!

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Just thought this would be worthwhile based on the current shocking state of the roads.

Ones I am aware of.

Ballyblack road towards Carrowdore.

Two really bad ones on each side of the road close to the turning for Corries farm shop.

Close to the top of Church road, Holywood. Travelling towards Craigantlet.
These are some of the worst I have seen! Hit one at night when they first popped up and cant believe the car wasnt damaged

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
These are some of the worst I have seen! Hit one at night when they first popped up and cant believe the car wasnt damaged

The one Carrowdore bound seems to have at least a temporary filling, passed in the dark last night so I don’t know how good it is. I will still air on the side of caution and avoid it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Would a power steering pump be claimable from hitting a pothole really hard .guy works for me hit a local one and immediately his steering went almost solid he said .hardly just a coincidence is it .?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Put another half dozen on.
It'll count as a hobby for me with all the time ill be putting into it 🤣

Reactions: Ben

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
The one Carrowdore bound seems to have at least a temporary filling, passed in the dark last night so I don’t know how good it is. I will still air on the side of caution and avoid it.
And the Bangor bound one just before the bad bend has also been repaired. A friend destroyed a front wheel in that one last week.
Just watch the opposite side of the road as there is a nice hole opening up there now...

So far I've claimed £3500 off the DRD for damage to my wheels on the Ballyblack Road East and they still haven't got the hint...
That road is the equivalent of the M2 on the Peninsula and it's classed as a C level road. The mind boggles.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
And the Bangor bound one just before the bad bend has also been repaired. A friend destroyed a front wheel in that one last week.
Just watch the opposite side of the road as there is a nice hole opening up there now...

So far I've claimed £3500 off the DRD for damage to my wheels on the Ballyblack Road East and they still haven't got the hint...
That road is the equivalent of the M2 on the Peninsula and it's classed as a C level road. The mind boggles.

Yeah, we have lived down here for a brave few years now and it has always been an extremely bad road. I hate driving on it in the dark, as it’s usually too late to avoid hazzards.

I have been using the mountstewart road, but as it is closed for water main laying I don’t have that option at the moment. Plus for travelling to Belfast for work, via Bangor is much quicker.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

Current map of NI potholes.

Scary, but not as scary as Scotland!