Private Car Sold As Seen Any Combacks??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Sold as seen as originally stated by Gaz, is what it says. regardless. she tested it, was aware of the issues but yet bought it. 5 months later, im surprised your still in negotians with her, and havent had her done for wasting your time and being stupid.

I bought the mx5, 14 years old, asked if there was any warranty whatsoever with it, e.g. 3 months, cuz it was from a trader, and he said they couldnt warrant it due to the age, which tbh I understood, the thing could have blown up the next day, or even out on the test drive. (jk its an mx5, its reliable)

Point is, I bought the car, had the wheels off to paint the calipers and found out there was a cracked drivers front spring, and a week later a friend pointed out a wrecked shock when he lent on the car.

Suppose I could have gone back and been really strict at least claiming for a new spring and new shock (separate corners.)
But end of the day. 14 year old car, 100k miles, can't expect it to be 100%, the dealer had drove it from london up to the docks a few weeks previous, and said it gave him no bother, i took his word for it, and a cracked spring and bust shock would be hard enough to spot on an easy drive i guess.

buy her a toy car from Argos and tell her sorry, with a 'Im Sorry' card and a wee x

Mark_C

RMS Regular
thought a dealer had to warranty it something like 3 months no matter what ?

pablo

RMS Moderator
is that engine only or something tho? Must be or else you couldnt sell anything for a profit.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
thought a dealer had to warranty it something like 3 months no matter what ?
see thats what I thought.. Im sure theres a 'get out' clause somewhere. but then again, in line with what Pablo says.
People will stop trading old cars if they cant stand by a 3 months warranty on it

deevtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.8 VTi (m
A letter from my solicitor is £50 he's a top Belfast 1 but my sis works for him so again free lol

Ep3 typeR

RMS Regular
Drives
FN1
How did this case end up? I heard the law has changed and even if it's a private sold as seen sale you are liable for six months (in other words you have to give a six month warranty with the vechile) just like a dealer. Anyone else heard or know about this?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
How did this case end up? I heard the law has changed and even if it's a private sold as seen sale you are liable for six months (in other words you have to give a six month warranty with the vechile) just like a dealer. Anyone else heard or know about this?

Never heard that, and very much doubt there's any truth in it.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I think / thought dealers warranty now was mandatory 3 months but irrespective I think the whole domestic selling is as grey as grey can be.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.