private mot tester?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
stevieturbo said:
MOT centres in Northern Ireland are government run. There arent any others.

Some garages have purchased MOT equipment in order to do pre-MOT checks ( what a waste of money. Cheaper just to put it through a real MOT and see what it fails on lol ), but only the DVTA can give the certificates.

When the test centre`s got their new braking balance rollers, a hell of alot of vehicles were failing on improper brake balance, especially lorry trailers. Most of the dealers were forced to buy the same equipment because they couldn`t afford to keep them off the road while sorting out retests.

8-ball Doesn`t matter what your mates tell you, the ONLY place over here to get a legal mot is at a dvta centre. Places do offer to give your car a pre mot check and fix anything that might be wrong or would fail and then take the car to the centre on your behalf.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Lee-8-Ball-Auto said:
no i know this place is legit as i have a friend that got his van done there then proceeded to tax it etc. if i find the place i will post up details of it.
If your talking about yer man who's on the Ballynahinch road Saintfield, on the corner at the lake then he isnt even a mechanic, he's a coalman ffs. Mate got one and dvla wouldnt take it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
pablo said:
someone has led you up the:

garden_path.jpg

I see you've been busy. The back was bigger than i imagined.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.