Problems with LV insurance

shaughey

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 530D
Anyone else using LV?
Paid £590 to insure a 530d.
Got quotes at the start of my policy for a second car 1.6 tdi.
Was gonna be £600 to add on which I thought was ridiculous. I didn't need the second car so left in 2 months and rang up to add it on and now they want £800 for the last ten months.
What's going on?
Is this a marketing ploy because now I'll have to pay a cancellation fee or pay up?
Anyone else found them unhelpful?

KevM

RMS Regular
Insurance is all through the roof. We're with LV this past 2 years. Ours went up £220 last year and was still hundreds cheaper than everywhere else

Sham1

RMS Regular
Mine went up £220 odd with Hughes. Still the cheapest by £200. They said parts and labour increases were behind the increase.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Mine went up £220 odd with Hughes. Still the cheapest by £200. They said parts and labour increases were behind the increase.
I heard this too, but when someone has a car worth £1000 that would be written off if a young child sneezed on it hard enough how how can they justify this? I know they’ll argue it’s possible cost of other car too etc if in a collision. I’m with LV through broker and went up around 10% this year.

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
I can get the new car insured for £400 for a full year for two people. Duno why they think I'm gonna pay 800 for ten months when I already paid £590 I'll have to cancel and pay their cancellation fee.