Recommended Turbo Diesels, Around 2k Budget?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Just got a new job, but its in Newry so bit of travelling involved.

Looking something abitmodernish, quickish (after remap if need be), nice to drive, reliable and ofcourse good MPG, and pref 3door hatch

NOT A 306!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
wot about a xsara? should get a 2000 model for that money

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
if its just a go to work car why bother getting somethign newish and map it? get somethign like a 19 derv festa. My mum has one about 700 miles to a tank.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Or even a 205 diesel. Mine runs on a sniff of derv. Or for something a bit newer what about a Mk3 Golf TDi?

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Corsa TD,

Audi A4 TD, 1996/97/98 maybe

406 TD, its not a 306, same engine and good go'er

SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9 DIESEL GLX,
SKODA OCTAVIA 1.9 TURBO DIESEL GLX 1999/T REG BLUE 2F.OWNERS 138000 S/HISTORY 5 DOOR 5 SPEED POWER STEERING E/WINDOWS AIR CONDITION R/C/L AIRBAGS EXCELLENT CAR. £1,795. 0208 6774411 07790 614746

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
we had a nova 1500TD and she was a rocket so im assuming the corsa isnt much slower!!

could always screw her out a little!!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Cooper said:
Corsa 1.5TDs are fliers!
I'll second that, especially when tweaked!! Finding a good one now could prove difficult though!!!

I'd check Xsara insurance first though if you were going for one of them, same car as a 306, but group 8/9 insurance compared to group 4/5 for the 306!

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Corsa was the best I could think of aswell, quick enough espec when screwed out.

Would love a black one lowered on speedline's

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Corsa 1.5 TD's are utter balls imo. My sister has one and it has given her nothing but bother (alternator, engine mounts, starter, clutch). The wiring loom shorted out and caught fire behind the engine as well, fusing together alot of wires right into the cabin. And theres only 75 k miles on it

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What about one of the old shape Ibiza TDi's, you might be very lucky and find a 110bhp one!!!!

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
I reccomend any of the VAG diesels - A seat probably your best bet to get a good one cheap.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
amg306 said:
What about one of the old shape Ibiza TDi's, you might be very lucky and find a 110bhp one!!!!

Or find a later spec 90 brake jobbies that use the larger tubbie from the 110 :grinning:

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Or get a derv transplant in the 106, that way you already have a sweet car on the outside, with the bonus of 600miles to a tank!!!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
or just fit a bigger petrol tank to your 106? wont seem like you have to fill it as often, and the needle wont drop as quick :p

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
I got a consistant 55mpg out of my 1.1 106, and I drove her flat out all the time. :grinning:

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Jus want a complete change tbh

Have been looking at the older ibitza's quite like them with subtle mods

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Rik 106 said:
Jus want a complete change tbh

Have been looking at the older ibitza's quite like them with subtle mods

They are a good driving car and if you can find a 110 they come with all the GTi bits on the outsides!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.