RED EVO 9 MR-FQ360 HKS EDITION

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Yeah its uk model not an import. Yeah basically they are fq 360s with a few hks mechanical and cosmetic add ons unless im wrong lol

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Yeah its uk model not an import. Yeah basically they are fq 360s with a few hks mechanical and cosmetic add ons unless im wrong lol

Lovely car!!

They are all imported then they had the hks bits bolted on by a company in England.

As said before, 400/400 is as far as they go. I'd take internet figures with a pinch of salt.

Go onto Facebook and look up ai autosport in carrick. Johnny is the only person I'd ever let near an evo (and I've owned three).

Keep it clean and don't do much more to it...you will make money in a few yrs

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Thanks andy gordon. Yeah thats the plan keep it as it is. Certianly not going to forge the engine etc. I was looking at 800 bhp evos but bought another mr fq 360 for the exclusitivity. I will look him up cheers

scub

Banned
lovely wagon mate (y)
as said think you're about as far as you can go on stock rods. don't listen to some of the downhill dyno figures on the lancer reg. think that turbo won't flow anymore than that anyway. Johnny (Ai) did all the mods on the evo in my 'garage' & will give you an honest answer.
only thing I can see you could change is get rid of those pads & splash out on a set of carbotech xp8's.
the difference between them & those ds2500's is comparing using planks of scrap floorboard to being pulled backwards through time.!!

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Chreers scub. Funny you should say that as the brakes are not very responsive. My girlfriends 1.2 corsa brakes are sharper haha. They are not awful but would expect and demand better. Also has some light wheel wobble when you brake from speed so think the discs are slightly warped. Was thinking a full set of brembo drilled and grooved discs and pads but will see. Car is in stotage now untill spring so no rush

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Unlikely the discs are warped. Take it out and bed the pads in again as per instructions on AP website. Likely pad deposits on the discs giving the impression the discs are warped. After a spirited drive the pads and discs get hot and if you stop at traffic lights keeping your foot on the brake when they're still hot, the pads can melt to the disc.
I know nothing about Evos but Jonny at AI Autosport knows a bit about them (y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Love it! Red Evos just look like rally cars to me.

I would leave it as is & just enjoy.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Thanks andy gordon. Yeah thats the plan keep it as it is. Certianly not going to forge the engine etc. I was looking at 800 bhp evos but bought another mr fq 360 for the exclusitivity. I will look him up cheers

Would you really come all the way over here? Jonny is the man, but would Extreme Motorsport not be closer to you ? I've had a few Evos with work done by then and they've been good cars.

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Thanks everyone for their advice and kind words. Just looking for options for next year so no major rush

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Didn't realise you were on the mainland lol

if you facebook Johnny he will be able to direct you to the guy he was friendly with in Engerland.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Since you're on the mainland you could speak with Mark Shead at MA Developments. He's as handy with Evos as he is with old Cosworths. He's also a supplier of Borg Warner turbos (coupled with his mapping) for more flow / bigger power without the normal lag associated.

It's likely that's who Jonny at AI would recommend you go to as well.

If Mark doesn't suit (location wise) or is busy there's also Motorsports developments (Blackpool), Stewart would sometimes recommend Mark and vice versa when their books are full.

I would likely leave it be and enjoy it too but it wouldn't hurt to book it in somewhere for a health check in the new year and have a discussion with them.

Those pads are found to be very good on other cars / applications and are used by a lot of rally men. Albeit I don't know if perhaps they aren't as renowned on Evos.

Very nice motor :cool: (y)

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Thanks g40st! Motorsports developments in blackpool would be good as im up in the north of scotland lol.

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Oh yeah good shout. I forgot about them. I know where they are. Only about 90 miles away

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Yeah ive always loved evos. Just something about them. My favourite shapes are the 8&9

scub

Banned
Thanks g40st! Motorsports developments in blackpool would be good as im up in the north of scotland lol.
the bloke bought my tme us up in Fife squeezing 650 hp out of the poor thing.! & he got a load of work done up there as it needed some tlc by the time I'd finished with it. so must be someone out that direction works at them?

james foster

RMS Regular
OP
james foster
Drives
MR FQ 360 BY HKS
Yeah scrubs. Some people running serious horsepower these days. Think ill go to wallace performance in aberdeen for a service and some advice in the spring/summer time as its only 90 miles from where i live. They had the 2 fastest evos in scotland at one point. One running 950bhp and another 750 bhp. Dont know of they still do or not

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.