Reg transfer just bought car

billyboker

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
Bought a car yesterday and taxed it the car must have been a PIP/DLA or just Disabled tax class car had to fill in a form to change tax class.
We have a cherished reg on retention and where wondering when we can transfer the reg onto the car.

Has anyone done this before this way we have always had the dealer do it but the deal was so quick we just forgot to ask.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Need the new V5 in your name/address as they use the 12 digit check code on the V5 married up with your postcode for the allocation…. This then generates a new V5 and creates the number plate permission page for reputable suppliers to manufacture the new plates

AC

RMS Regular

As above, just wait for the V5 to come in then use the above service (between 7am and 7pm) to transfer it on. They will automatically send you out a new V5 with the cherished reg on it.

Always handy to have plates ready to go once you do the switch online. Plenty of places on eBay do them… not that I condone such a thing…

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Had my plates sitting waiting (from @Neil@rockvale ) then when the new v5 came in I was able to do everything online and pit the new reg on straight away