Renault Fault Codes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

smyth

RMS Regular
Drives
172 cup
Anyone have a chart that will explain what each code means?
So far I think Ive gathered it has destructive misfire along with some other minor faults. Im sure some of the clio buffs here can point me in the right direction to fix this destructive misfire? HT leads? coil pack?
thanks

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
I have some fault codes in my wallet. Had them read today. In work currently so I cant get on cliosport. Dont suppose you fancy taking a look for me with the RStuner?

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Did try each of the HT leads yet? Mine developed a misfire a while back and it turned out to be a dodgy lead

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Wont get a chance until tomorrow. Was reading on cliosport you start the car and pull one out at a time and see if it stalls the car. Sound right? Im not exactly technically minded when it comes to car mechanics :worried:

Cro

RMS Regular
If you were closer mate i'd say just to throw it round and it'd be easy to find! What are all the faults coming up. Misfire is just the side-effect, as well as some of the other things but might help a bit more

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Depending on which diagnostic machine you're using, it may say which cylinder the misfire is coming from.

As you say, start the car then take each lead off one at a time, when you off take the dodgy lead (if that is the problem) there should be no change in the tickover of the car. Be really careful not to get a shock off the leads as it will make you jump for sure!!

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
The codes are in my wallet, which is in the car, in work at the moment :worried:
Il go get them now and send you them. I dont mind travelling to your place if you can check it out for me cro

Cro

RMS Regular
Come on up then mate, you have my number don't you? going to the gym now but im home from 8.30 onwards if you want to come up for then

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Working till 11 tonight mate :worried: Tomorrow night would suit me better if thats ok? Emptied the inbox before i made a note of your inbox so if you could send me it again (y)

Thats what the garage gave me.

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Depending on which diagnostic machine you're using, it may say which cylinder the misfire is coming from.

As you say, start the car then take each lead off one at a time, when you off take the dodgy lead (if that is the problem) there should be no change in the tickover of the car. Be really careful not to get a shock off the leads as it will make you jump for sure!!

Il give that a go tomorrow after uni, how wrong can it go?!:party:

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
you could have sizzly hair and a bad stutter after it lol

oldskoolkool

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots of Supras
Working till 11 tonight mate :worried: Tomorrow night would suit me better if thats ok? Emptied the inbox before i made a note of your inbox so if you could send me it again (y)

Thats what the garage gave me.

**** that garage wernt very helpful

P0030 Oxygen sensor 1 - heater Circuit malfunction
P0110 Oxygen sensor 1 - Circuit malfunction
P0135 Oxygen Sensor - No activity Detected
P0235 TP circuit malfunction - Probably linked to above

Sounds like you have a dead O2 sensor

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Thanks. See when he was reading it, i was looking over his shoulder and it said distructive misfire. He told me that renault used different codes also?
In fairness he charged me ALOT less, probably because he couldnt tell me for definate what each code meant.

oldskoolkool

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots of Supras
You need a renaullt CLIP to get the correct Codes. Those were just the P-codes he pulled. Distructive misfire could be linked as the car will run over rich due to no reading from the o2 sensor which upsets the cat, which does the same thing as the faulty coil.

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
So the possibilites are either the o2 sensor or coilpack your saying?

oldskoolkool

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots of Supras
No, If he got those P-Codes then its more than Likely a Dead oxygen sensor, which will cause the car to run pig rich and induce a missfire :grinning:

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Which in turn would explain why my car chuggs like a dirty dog. Thanks for the help lads (y)

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
Just out of interest, i take it sensor 1 refers to the sensor before the cat?

Cro

RMS Regular
Before you go changing a lambda and spending ££ if it is.... which it might not be and jus a side effect of what is causing it as i've seen before! after 4k it should jump into life as the lambda is no longer included in the closed loop after that.

smyth

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
172 cup
as long as the revs are held high I usually dont have a problem. To give an example. Should I be driving along in 5th and rather than dropping a gear, I put the foot down and the car shudders awfully, it only stops when I drop a gear and maintain high revs. I :broken_heart: renaults

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.