Renault Sport Private Track Day - Kirkiston

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Just back and dried myself off.....VERY wet day in the end, but still enjoyable. My car was all over the place though and spinning even in 3rd, some very sketchy moments.....

Didn't really get a chance to speak to some people that I didn't know, but I was trying to stay as dry as possible! Good to finally meet Cyril too....

My favourite car of the day was the yellow 197 F1.....and not just because it had a compliment of ladies in it!! :p The yellow 182 was awesome too, what a great noise it made.....very impressive.

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Was one of the best Track-Days I have been too.... The wet weather made it more fun for the FWD crowd....

The 182 made it through the whole day, and did 118 miles round trip...

GREAT DAY...

Cheers Tim....

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Cheers woodcutter, shame about the weather, made things a bit antisocial when everyone was hiding in their cars from the rain.
Awesome day, I really wasn't expecting it to be good but even with the weather I loved every second.
As you say Amos, slippery track made for some very interesting cornering techniques by yourself and Tim :p

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
The good Scandinavian Flick.... lol.....

Great day, roll on the 9th..... Dry all day and let it rain about 2.30pm for the last hour of fun....

Tim(e)

OP
Tim(e)
Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
Cheers guys! I'm last home by the looks of it!

Fantastic day out with a great bunch of lads and girls!

The half circuit was better than I thought it would be!

Cars of the day go to Amos and Harry. They are the epitimy of what track days are all about!

3 times I could't get Harry in a drag race! The 197 needs the full exhaust, filter and remap me thinkg! No low down torque at all! Fantastic sideways action though!

Highlights

1/ Amos giving it to much down the pit straight and then having to run on through the temp barrier!

2/ Harry spinning in same spot at abrrier at end of bit straight just misisng the barrier

3/ My V6 battery dying

4/ Me killing one of the cones off the hairpin.

When I get hold of the photos and videos I'll post them up!

Shame about Matt - hope he's ok. Not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Look forward to the 9th and I owe some folf a refund on the £60 - Matt, his sis, Darren and Big Cyril.

Ian and John McAndrew - you rmoney is safe for the 9th!

Cheers

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
superb day, good craic and some fun, 'slippy' track time, roll on the 9th, and ill try to make it up a bit earlier this time! :p

Oh and Tim sorry if I looked round at you a bit funny going through Belfast when you beeped, thought it was someone beeping at me for my slightly questionable lane change when I realised I was in the wrong lane, until i seen it was yourself! :p

matt81irl

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio V6 255, vts
have all ready got it home and looked at, was really rear quater and hub damage on first assessment, but goin in on monday or tuesday to have it fully checked over on a jig and that, tho the impact was so light i doubt (hope) any problems there.

cheers to amos and the rest of the guys for the offer of assistance

besides that, a cracking day

Tim(e)

OP
Tim(e)
Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
At least you and Chris are ok mate.

Its not a nice thing to happen to anyone. I know how much you pride your car and it shows! It was looking fantastic!

Hope the damge is minimal and just aesthetics! Talk soon....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Aaaargh! Just realised I got the days wrong, thought it was Sunday - gutted :sob: Car washed and ready and all :oops:

Good to hear you all had a good day, and happy to see there is another one planned already. Plus trackskills next weekend.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Had a great day spectating at this, and getting passenger runs. Was some craic for such a small group, but everyone was dead on and people had a laugh! Was just slightly dampened by the very wet afternoon, which made the hairpin very interesting for some fwd drifts lol.

Also thanks to Harry for letting me loose in the 182, i didnt want to bring it back in to the pits, was so addictive! I beleive that car makes you drive like a pro lmao! cheers.

also sorry matt that your v6 had a tap with the armco, but it could have been alot worse! lets hope its mostly superficial!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.