Replacement / spare car key

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
To get a replacement / spare key for a car must you go to manufacturer?

Looking at a car and its only got one key, how easy is it to get a copy/spare/replacement?

Thanks

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Depends on the car. My mate can do Renault keys and keeps a supply of blanks so he can pretty much do it there and then.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
More info on car will help. Year, type, model, etc

Fella in Derry - Facebook - derrylocksmiths can do most audi Vw keys. His name is Boris Clifford and I've got few done with him

I would be more specific except I'm just browsing at the moment at a few used German motors and came across couple with only one key and was generally just curious at cost and who can do it.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I would be more specific except I'm just browsing at the moment at a few used German motors and came across couple with only one key and was generally just curious at cost and who can do it.

Find him on Facebook and send a message sure on any you see. He will give you price and is 100%. Say Ruairi sent you with S3 and he will look after you.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
Tried Autokey, called and message left over a week ago. No response. Just sent message to Johnny Ross.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Take out keycover on your insurance................:-#
Keeps the replacement cheap at £35 or so!

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
Try access Keyaccess NI, they quoted £50 for a basic key or £130 for one with central locking for a 2009 CRV, Donnellys wanted £265 all in

Boksic

RMS Regular
If you want it on a budget, although with more ****ing about, you can probably get a 2nd hand key, get new casing/blade, get blade cut, then get it coded to the car. Plenty of one's about the country with equipment that'll code keys depending on year and model. (although some aren't aware they can do it)

If you knew the year/model of car it'd be a lot easier to advise.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
I've seen some keys on eBay brand new blank central locking jobbys. Easy to get the blade cut, apparently it's a brites machine needed to code it. Can get the blank central locking key for 45 quid delivered. Then need it coded and cut.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Johnny Ross - 07543 179784

Best guy in the business for keys (y)
This.... or a boy in Mark in Marlowe dry cleaners forest side Belfast. Also offers a mobile service if you get locked out. Handy paid too. 07866 522422

Edit* johnny Ross only answering landline ATM il try get the number here today

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
This.... or a boy in Mark in Marlowe dry cleaners forest side Belfast. Also offers a mobile service if you get locked out. Handy paid too. 07866 522422

You'll get the landline from his voicemail if he doesn't answer the mobile (y)

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky

That would explain the no reply lol

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
UPDATE :

No response for Johnny. Mark @ marlows can't do it. Two trees were 210 if I went to them (or add like 60quid call out). Keyaccess NI are 185+call out (35).

Going to give Keyaccess NI a go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.