Reviewed: Maserati Ghibli

Discussion in 'Car Chat' started by Graham, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Graham RMS Photographer

Graham
    Drives:
    Press Cars
    See the blog feature on this -Italy, home of high fashion, fine wine and cars with soul. It might be a cliche, but the Italians know how to build a car that sounds good, looks good and ignites the senses. Welcome to the world of Maserati cars, perfectly suited for those of you who do not want to conform with ‘Joe next door’, for those who want quality and luxury in abundance, and for those who feel the need to stand out from the crowd.

I am a fan of thinking outside the box and not conforming to what most see as ‘normal’ What actually is normal though? There are obvious options in the crowded an executive car segment: BMW 5 series, Jaguar XE and Mercedes E class offer a mind-boggling host of engines, trim levels and options. Read the Full Article Here

[​IMG]

Read the Entire Article Here

Gibbo, Lyons and Woodcutter like this.
  2. Dub_cub 89 RMS Regular

Dub_cub 89
    Drives:
    530d & impreza
    Was behind a gold coloured one of these today and it was the first new car in a good while to catch my eye. Looked very wide and nicely proportioned from behind.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Graham likes this.
  3. mx5 turbo RMS Regular

mx5 turbo
    Drives:
    it hard
    Was in one at the weekend a friend had as demo when we were away for new year's. Some noise off it, has a flap thing to make it louder, even on ticker over. Small inside though compared to 5 series

Graham likes this.
  4. redanni RMS Regular

redanni
    Drives:
    MK7 Golf R
    These seem to be everywhere ATM, seen 4 last weekend

Graham likes this.
  5. Woodcutter RMS Trader

Woodcutter
    Drives:
    P&C Pug Partner
    Love these, there's a black one up here and it looks great.

Nice article and pics G.

Graham likes this.
  6. Boabybooster RMS Regular

Boabybooster
    Drives:
    BMW
    A diseasel Maserati, blasphemy.

Paddy_R, chris_b, Ghisallo and 2 others like this.
  7. bigZ RMS Regular

bigZ
    I love Maserati and aim to own one before I'm 45. But I just can't warm to the shape of the "giblet".

Its like the Porsche Panamera, there's just no need. Each time I see both of the above I just think they are to the retrospective manufacturers what the vel satis was to Renault.

8. Ghisallo RMS Regular

Ghisallo
    Ghibli.... from this

[​IMG]

To this
    [​IMG]

To a big fat four door derv saloon?

conan, Coog and Lyons like this.
  9. big_pete RMS Regular

big_pete
    Drives:
    BMW M3
    They are a cracking steer. If I was in the market for a car that size it would be my first choice. Great value too

Graham likes this.
  10. Charlieboyoo RMS Regular

Charlieboyoo
    Drives:
    BMW M3 bmw 330d
    They look stunning,only downfall is when you spec it up to a 535d the Ghibli options are thousands more.I read it's a nice car to drive but the gearbox is a bit disappointing

11. Mark King RMS Regular

Mark King
    Drives:
    Cars
    Drove one of these last week and didn't think much from it,sounded terrible and felt very unfinished inside @g4ost

12. g4ost RMS Regular

g4ost
    Drives:
    Carefully
    I was looking forward to a run one and was left very disappointed. Perhaps it was made a lot worse by the fact it wasn't a looked after example and seemed in need of some tlc :(