RMS Trip to the Ring 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
What's in it?

No idea Mark, but it's stripped out and very quick, he drives around quite slowly weaving about keeping his tyres warm, we'll pass him and then 5 mins later you'll see a 911 coming up fast behind us so we'll move over and let it through only to find Mr Scirocco that tight up the 911's arse you didn't see him until they were both past...

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Some more of today's cars...
image.jpg
image.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
No idea Mark, but it's stripped out and very quick, he drives around quite slowly weaving about keeping his tyres warm, we'll pass him and then 5 mins later you'll see a 911 coming up fast behind us so we'll move over and let it through only to find Mr Scirocco that tight up the 911's arse you didn't see him until they were both past...

my interpretation of that is this - He has mastered the ring and now only gets a buzz from embarrassing others and by the sounds of it has it down to an art.

Wonder did he own that compact lol ....

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Justin is on another level, knows the place like the back of his hand...

I've now done around 200 laps and Justin would still be over a minute a lap faster than anything I can manage...

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Justin is on another level, knows the place like the back of his hand...

I've now done around 200 laps and Justin would still be over a minute a lap faster than anything I can manage...

I know thats why im asking has he had any competition yet ? He is normally in mid to high 7's isn't he?

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
What's the verdict on the c63 as a ring machine @nigelmcg? Did it settle into a nice rhythm on the laps?
Some proper nice motors there today! Love the black 458! How'd the m4's get on, any decent pilots on board??

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
We were just getting a feel for it and knocking 15 to 20 seconds off each lap until it rained unfortunately on Saturday afternoon and the rain didn't stop by the time we were leaving on Sunday...
Best we managed was a 9.12 with having to slow for a couple of accidents, so we should hopefully see better when we go back next year...
The only thing is that the place has become insanely busy, so I might go earlier in the week next time to try and get a couple of evening sessions that I hear are much quieter...

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Obviously completely different cars, but is it any more fun than the Megane?

More comfortable car to get there in, but more challenging to lap the Ring due to its weight and my balls having to grow a bit bigger...

So I'd say perfect...

Another visit and we should be at least as quick if not quicker than what we were in the Megane...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
When are you planning on returning?

I want to go back. Not sure whether to aim for early or later in the year though. I guess it depends on what everyone else is doing tbh

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Won't know until they release next years dates which usually isn't until January...

But it will probably be around May/June and if it suits another trip later in the year September/October...

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I can't wait to get back myself, hopefully bricks and mortar will be out of the way come May!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.