RNS310 enabling phone kit?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Hey guys,

My friend recently purchased a 2009 VW touran which has a RNS310 . When you press the phone button all it does is mute the radio. What is needed to get phone function working? It's Strange the Sat nav and radio is working fine on the unit but no phone function?.

@pobmk4 @Lyons any of you guys know what is needed or worth checking?

cheers

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
RNS310 doesnt have bluetooth built in. If he goes in to bluetooth on his phone and searches does anything come up? Does it have a highline display and MFSW? If so, scroll through and see if theres bluetooth/telephone page.

If not, you can get the module and wiring loom for circa £100/120

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000RR
RNS310 doesnt have bluetooth built in. If he goes in to bluetooth on his phone and searches does anything come up? Does it have a highline display and MFSW? If so, scroll through and see if theres bluetooth/telephone page.

If not, you can get the module and wiring loom for circa £100/120
Strange it has sat nav built in and no Bluetooth?. Ebay the best place for the module? Nearly sure it has highline display and it definitely has a MFSW .

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Rarely do they come with Bluetooth
You will need to buy the wiring/module/mic

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
S1000RR

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The kit Darren posted is what you want. However you can pick up the module for circa £50, then get the loom from Pashka or Eddie NL on the MK5 GTi forum.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.