Road angel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
mate has a road angel in his car and was stopped by cops the other day and given a 60 fine, producer and had his liscence taken to station for "obstruction the police" anyone know if these things are really legal cause i heard they were legal and it even says on the leaflet they are 100% legal

Dermot

There 100% Legal to own and have in your car... But there ILLEGAL to use..

Work that one out...

Dermot

Hmm, I'd do my homewerk if I was your mate... I thought Road angels were like snoopers, and thats probley what the cop thought aswell...

Its Snoopers that are illegal to use..

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
he said to the cop it was to warn him of accident black spots

cop said its for telling where we are, u slowed down, he had cheek to accuse him of slowing down cause he was doin 25 on a 30mph road

pablo

RMS Moderator
nah there is no radar/laser detection in it afaik

Id have thought with 4 cameras over here it wasnt really worth it like.

Dermot

lol... Take the fine in along with the road angle and any info you can find out on it, and ask to speak to da sergent and explain to him what it is and what its for...
If it was me, I'd refuse to pay and ask them to take me to court :grinning:

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
the cop took his liscence at the time, i didnt think they could do that but that u had to bring it to station along wth ins details

Dermot

Nordonian said:
the cop took his liscence at the time, i didnt think they could do that but that u had to bring it to station along wth ins details

Naw cops can do that... But they need a reason for it. All the cop has to do is say "I was checking it out, I thought it was a fake" Theres nothing you can do.. I had a cop take my Lisence, Insurance, Tax Disc and MOT Cert off me onetime, and it took me nearly 2 weeks to get it all back.. He was just bein a hateful b@stard.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
Dermot said:
Nordonian said:

Naw cops can do that... But they need a reason for it. All the cop has to do is say "I was checking it out, I thought it was a fake" Theres nothing you can do.. I had a cop take my Lisence, Insurance, Tax Disc and MOT Cert off me onetime, and it took me nearly 2 weeks to get it all back.. He was just bein a hateful b@stard.

U HAD ALL THAT IN URE CAR :confounded:hock:

i dont even have my liscence cause dunno where it is lost it past 6 months

pablo

RMS Moderator
well it seems the new one has laser detection built in but even thats not illegal.

they are illegal in the south i think

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
its 100% legal (or halfords wouldnt be selling them), they do come with a laser/radar dector but again these are 100% legal as they merely detect the signal and do not alter it in anyway (like a jammer).

also snoopers are legal as well they use excatly the same technology as the roadangel (well the S4 and S6 neo do). the other snoopers are also 100% legal but they have no GPs ability so rely purely on sensors.

garage door openers act like jammers as well ;). they cant do you for having fancy garage doors afaik :laughing:

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
they can do because they come with a laser dector as well whoch mounts on the windscreen, its like and add on unit.

the new road angel is now out for anyone thats interested, have a few in halfords, looks a lo better than the older one :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.