Rover 620 Ti

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
That's awesome!!!

How's it handle on the coilovers?

I would love a Tomcat, one of these or a 800 coupe. Rarity of parts scares me a bit these days.
600s handle quick well but your right about parts, it's wild now sadly. 800s are far far worse. 75s have started heading that way so I'd been gather stuff until it was stole last year ffs.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
This was meant to be a YouTube link with Rovers first link doesn’t seem to work, watch from 8:30

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
600s handle quick well but your right about parts, it's wild now sadly. 800s are far far worse. 75s have started heading that way so I'd been gather stuff until it was stole last year ffs.
I heard rear arms are a nightmare to get on 75/ZT now?

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
That's awesome!!!

How's it handle on the coilovers?

I would love a Tomcat, one of these or a 800 coupe. Rarity of parts scares me a bit these days.

Thanks !

I especially love the 800's as well

Handles well on the coilovers, they took all the slap and boat like qualities out of it. Didn't mind the standard handling so much, the problem was the front arch gap which gave me cold sweats every time I looked at it :joy:
This

IS

AWESOME !

As said in your Viva thread, these things are class. Truly, the choice of the connoisseur of under the radar gems. 🤌

Bye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTV

That's what I love about it, most people aren't expecting anything 8o|

Mine did handle ok but pretty boaty. I'd put that down to 30 year old shocks and springs though. I haven't been beaten with parts yet but had a few sessions trying to get a coil and the correct save cylinder.

If I had the wasted spark engine it seems getting a new coil pack would be no issue

Rimmer Bros are pretty good for stocking stuff but they don't keep everything

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Used to be a place outside Randalstown called Devlins I used to get alot of MG/Rover stuff from. Was 10years ago and some stuff was hard got then! Not sure if they're still on the go

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I heard rear arms are a nightmare to get on 75/ZT now?
10 years ago yeah, nah the killer on them is rear disc backing plates where the hand brake mounts up. I've enough for a while but I've broken cars to get them now.

Goes without saying if it ever comes for sale I'd be interested as a resto project.

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
This was meant to be a YouTube link with Rovers first link doesn’t seem to work, watch from 8:30

Just watched a bit of this. I'd take every single 800 there no questions asked, can't believe the amount of them just sitting there wasting away (n):sob:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I spied a diesel one in nightfire red in Belfast recently, absolutely immaculate, 3 digit reg, older gent driving, I’d say he’s had from new or since wasn’t old. They were a great diesel I drove one a fair bit.
Did they use the perkins engine that was in the Maestro/Montego and later in the 200's / 400's /Zr's & ZS? Cracking engine, they went forever.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I think so, bro is a big BL nut he’d one to 190k when sold and it never gave bother, couple of montego diesels too, they went well just hadn’t the metal or build quality. 600 was a different league, far nicer and more reliable than the 800 even. Always had a soft spot for them but they just seemed to vanish off the roads.

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
It did yeah, 600 diesel was an L series which was a rover engine based off a perkins engine I believe

HCviva

RMS Regular
OP
HCviva
Got another job ticked off the list last night. Back box replaced.

It has been annoying me for quite a while, the chrome tips had rusted and pitted quite badly and from I bought the car I could never get the box to hang straight or level. Looking at it on the ramp a few weeks ago I realised there were a few holes starting to show on the underside of the box and when I took it off it sounded like the baffles were rattling around inside it.

The standard assembly was about ÂŁ120 on Rimmer Bros and currently out of stock so I had to go for aftermarket. Ended up doing my own thing and stuck a 3" jap style tip on it. Convinced myself it was acceptable because of the Honda underpinnings the 600 has :joy:

A bit of welding and some extra 2 1/4" pipe and we were in business. Looks a lot better and sounds ok too for what it is. There's definitely a better note off it but it would be fine for 70 or 80 up the motorway for a few hours too as it isn't ridiculously loud.

I also didn't want to get carried away with spending loads on it now. When I eventually get the engine built to the spec I want there will be a bigger exhaust going on it anyway. The downpipes on these are notorious for being quite restrictive and reading through the Rover forums most go for at least a 2.5" system when they start to modify.
FB_IMG_1677481449101.jpg
20240501_074414.jpg
20240501_221440.jpg
Snapchat-1039270145.jpg