S2000 engine needed.. bottom end went BANG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
So, let me get this right...

Your car was running a weakened fuel pump and the engine was detonating before the supercharger was fitted? Had you never had a rolling road with the lamba sensor up the exhaust, surely you would have seen the car was running too lean?

Your MSN status is "Away" so guess what I assumed.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
So your engine was detonating? Was this when the S/C was fitted? And who fitted it all then if it was fitted?

More research and less lip...

What power is the steel engine expected to be fit for?

More than the S/C will give it :grinning:

The car was rolling roaded on a number of occasions and was not running lean (all petrol cars that go on our RR get the fueling checked at the same time).

The fuel pump's flow rate had dropped significantly when we tested it after the engine let go (finding the cause for failure was the very first thing we did when we got the car up to the garage).

Is there anything else you would like cleared up while i am here ???

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
More research and less lip...

More than the S/C will give it :grinning:

The car was rolling roaded on a number of occasions and was not running lean, the fuel pump's flow rate had dropped significantly when we tested it after the engine let go.

Less lip? Johnny you amuse me... How can I do research about what happened without asking questions.... I was simply asking a few questions about what happened and look, within 15 minutes all 3 savours of AI are on here trying their "bully" tactics did you all ring eachother and say "Quick get onto RMS Skiman is at it"... only one who can have a decent conversation seems to be Phil.

Regardless, detonating should have been picked up by Bronk and these things checked.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
He probably dislikes you less than me then(y)

Good for him, doesnt really matter, he seems to be the only person that doesnt spit the dummy out of the AI camp and can have a decent conversation about what happened etc... He seems to be the professional one who can put their differences aside...!

Afterall, I only asked a few questions about what happened.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Less lip? Johnny you amuse me... How can I do research about what happened without asking questions.... I was simply asking a few questions about what happened and look, within 15 minutes all 3 savours of AI are on here trying their "bully" tactics did you all ring eachother and say "Quick get onto RMS Skiman is at it"... only one who can have a decent conversation seems to be Phil.

Regardless, detonating should have been picked up by Bronk and these things checked.

Forgetting Billhill and k20 kid.:party:

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
skiman stop being a **** , no one knows when they are running lean , could of felt a bit lively as it went a bit lean , but i know i always put that down to a good day :grinning: when it happens :p , other than having a knock link theres nothing bronk could of done ,

but if he knew his pump was weak/shagged ;) then its his fault :p

ps . your quite sound/helpful on the phone (y) its just your fingers make u a **** :laughing:

stoney

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
skiman stop being a **** , no one knows when they are running lean , could of felt a bit lively as it went a bit lean , but i know i always put that down to a good day :grinning: when it happens :p , other than having a knock link theres nothing bronk could of done ,

but if he knew his pump was weak/shagged ;) then its his fault :p

ps . your quite sound/helpful on the phone (y) its just your fingers make u a **** :laughing:

stoney

DING DING - Round 27

Bronk said, his car was detonating... This is a pretty distinctive sound, almost like someone is hitting a coin off your window, now, If at that point you dont stop trying to race DIG (which is when I heard the engine let go) your asking for trouble... It could have been avoided if at first when the det. started he had it checked. So people with a clue do know when something is up.... (y)(y)(y)

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i know what det is , mine even comes with a sticker to say if you hear it , to lift off WOT :p,

but your missing the point

its BRONK

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
after reading the whole thread i can say two things:

1) I still want a honda

2) Skiman why do you care so much about why bronks engine blew up? Its not like it was yours so who cares! (y)

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
^^^^^ if people share info then other members will become better
at spotting possible problems etc ;)
its a forum (y)

besides i want more info also :p

Phil_D

RMS Regular
DING DING - Round 27

Bronk said, his car was detonating... This is a pretty distinctive sound, almost like someone is hitting a coin off your window, now, If at that point you dont stop trying to race DIG (which is when I heard the engine let go) your asking for trouble... It could have been avoided if at first when the det. started he had it checked. So people with a clue do know when something is up.... (y)(y)(y)

To be fair at WOT in bronks car you can barely hear anything coming for the engine as its so loud...Only way to know it would have been detting would have been to run a det set on it all the time or a knock link. Its was one of those unfortunate things that cannot be predicted.

Cro

RMS Regular
Apart from this being an s2000 wanted thread! The good news for bronk was he had got a boot up the hole and had to start the build earlier..... win-win imo :p

gregoryelliott

RMS Regular
OP
gregoryelliott
Drives
puma racing
Any how thats me all set now! engine is nearly out of the car and the fresh short block is nearly preped so should be hearing that lovely 9000rpm limiter kick in buy end of bank holiday providing these gaskets tip up from a kid down south!

Ref the fuel pump going weak mine was making a struggeling sound the nite before this happened! as head isnt of yet i'm wondering if same thing has happened mine??

I'll keep u posted!

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
I have to laugh when I see the these threads. I can see quite clearly that skiman you are not interested in what happened bronks car and you see it as the perfect chance to bash ai. I don't care what way you want to class me as but I think it shows what ai Autosport are like as company that so many of there customers stick up for them. You will never meet two better people that will bend over backwards for you.

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
I have to laugh when I see the these threads. I can see quite clearly that skiman you are not interested in what happened bronks car and you see it as the perfect chance to bash ai. I don't care what way you want to class me as but I think it shows what ai Autosport are like as company that so many of there customers stick up for them. You will never meet two better people that will bend over backwards for you.

Very true words. Ive read this whole thread and thats my conclusion. What is the underrlying problem here???? Need to ask as Im sure everyones thinking the same. Did you get work done skiman at AI and not a happy camper or what is the issue??? :relieved:

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
As far as I am aware he has never had any work done I think it is more jealousy than anything that Jonny started off doing this from his house on his driveway to building a business up with such a good repution and I think he deserve a lot of credit for this and not to be constantly attacked by some person

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Anytime I've felt wit ai they've been nicest most down to earth fellas. Phil went to some trouble for me on two occassions. Ecu diagram for ep3 and a seized rear suspension bush. Will being going back n the future.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
No - Never had any work done by Johnny.. But after what they told a few Focus RS owners and what they charge, I wasnt impressed. Its a public forum, Im allowed to voice my opinion.

You guys dont know what went on behind the scenes tho. Johnny used to talk to me on MSN and used to sit and tell me to slag off ECC when they were the "in" tuner...

Ive nothing against AI as a company. Im sure they do good work, but the amount of complete ASS LICKING that goes on towards them is sometimes a complete joke.

To be fair at WOT in bronks car you can barely hear anything coming for the engine as its so loud...Only way to know it would have been detting would have been to run a det set on it all the time or a knock link. Its was one of those unfortunate things that cannot be predicted.

Very fair point.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Mate I believe it's rite to give credit where credits due.

FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ai have been decent to me, like u said it's a public forum il voice my opinion and don't appreciate being refered to as an ass licker.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.