Sat Nav advice please.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Afternoon lads, I've just been looking at sat navs again today as I'm looking one suitable for HGV use, the HGV ones warn of low bridges and weight limits on roads etc.

But it occurred to me that if I could get one device to cover both HGV and the bike it would be perfect! The likes of the Garmin Zumo 595lm looks to be a cracking unit with motorway avoidance and twisty road preference.

I was wondering if anyone here knows if they are multi purpose, or if the HGV ones can be used this way? Or if there's any bikers here who drive HGVs also? And if so what do you use?

Cheers for any advice!

Rick

cupraricky

RMS Regular
for bikes i find tom tom rider hard to beat. regards to lorries garmin seems to be the brand but tom tom do one for hgv. you'll prob have to go bike sat nav and get a car mount as hgv ones prob arent waterproof like the bike ones. All depends on where you mount or fit it on bike to be fair. if its in a waterproof pouch/tankbag itd be grand but if its on a mount on the bars......well its gonna get wet.

Not sure if this answers your question.............

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.