Saxo VTS facelift

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Had a 106 that started getting and erratic idle which I did a good job of ignoring for a while until it started banging the revs up to around 4k without warning. Great craic when you were driving. If you turned off the ignition and back on, it usually cleared it so I went around the throttle body, temp sensors and cleaned the contacts etc. Improved it but in the end, replaced the temp sensors which solved it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Sounds like what mine was doing too. I ended up trading it in, that was a love/hate car

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Cheers all, will order a new coil pack and try that, already done plugs previously as well.

Won't be looked at until end of month when I'm back from work and if I can't figure it out will give the likes of Steven Gault a shout and let a pro at it.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Well finally got the VTS back together and seek to have solved the stalling issue by adjusting the idle and resetting ECU. Along the way I've replaced MAP sensor, intake air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, crank sensor, idle control valve, plugs, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator so basically a new car 😂

Checked this morning and got an MOT for Craigavon at lunch. Tester came out and said he hadn't seen one for years and that his mate had one in 2012 and boot floor had rotted clean out of it so he knew what he was looking for, great 😂🙈
Anyways, great success and passed with no advisories. He said it was very clean underneath so that's great news and chatted for a bit about old school hot hatches, good to get a spot on tester for once.

Was going to fire it up for sale, but after the drive home across the back roads with Clubland 1 blasting I'm not so sure now and I love it again, especially now that it doesn't seem to cut out at junctions lol.

20240418_151512.jpg

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Love it, always remember my cammed 106 gti. They are some craic and sound great with the right system.