Sealey suoermig230 welder

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Sealey supermig 230 welder. The supermig is their higher end machine, detachable euro torch, welds stainless and aluminium.

£450 all in.

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuild...dividualTypeID=&category=0&requiredresults=16

rruplc.jpg

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Anyone purchased one of these have any reviews or thoughts on this machine?

@lightning is correct I bought one of him about two years ago. I think it was the 230amp model as well. The above design has changed a little but looks to be only aesthetics that have changed.
Decent wee machine, tho i've only ever used it for welding steel.
Welded at several cars with it, which passed mot thereafter, usually run 0.8mm wire in it but have a reel of 0.6mm sitting for thinner stuff.
Its never given me any bother in the time i've had it and has welded at both ends of the power scale without complaint. Have welded 6mm+ steel with a single pass (JCB Buckrake) and sizeable fillet welds on heavier stuff.

Im happy to answer any questions you may have on my own model

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I know you are probably trying to shift these due to stock levels, but can I also recommend going to see @lightning for the SIP stuff too.

I've bought 2 SIP 181DP's from him so far and they are both awesome at anything I have managed to throw at them. One is in constant use in a workshop and the other is in my garage and gets a reasonable amount of use

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Picture makes it look very small ?

It is on a trolley ( ie it can carry a bottle ) ? and can it take a 15kg roll ?

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Yeah prob should get a better pic of a built one up! Takes bottle and 15kg roll. Bigger than it looks here (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
What price are the 150amp ones?

@gaz_5103 they're £235 all in. Thats for the supermig150 which is a good welder and in stock. The mightymig150 is less but I wouldn't recommend it as its comes gas less and by the time you set it up to work from gas it pushes the price up to above the better quality one!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
I know you are probably trying to shift these due to stock levels, but can I also recommend going to see @lightning for the SIP stuff too.

I've bought 2 SIP 181DP's from him so far and they are both awesome at anything I have managed to throw at them. One is in constant use in a workshop and the other is in my garage and gets a reasonable amount of use

Sip also make a superb welder (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Price and warranty of the sip 181 Petemoore has?

They are on a january promotion so probably around £450 all in, same as the sealey. May be able to squeeze this a bit will take a look. 1 year warranty, plenty in stock (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.