Seat Ibiza rear door lock issue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
My other half has just bought herself a little runabout 2005 Seat Ibiza, one of the rear doors however doesn't open or lock with the central locking. Which when it's locked isn't a big problem, the door isn't used much, but at the minute it's unlocked and we can't lock it manually due to it not having anything to push or press on the door. Just this

image.jpeg

Are there any other ways to manually lock the door other than taking the door card off and doing it from inside?

Thanks.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Yes put on a new door lock lol
Did one on a wee Ibiza las week £28 off eBay

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
It will come to that I'm sure, but for the time being is there any way to lock it just so that the car is secure?

Kate Wilson

Drives
BMW
You need an automotive locksmith master (click here)! I think the problem is in the lock system of the current door, not in central lock system. Sometimes it's happen when locking levers drop out of the slots.
90be37e5.jpg

Simon83

RMS Regular
You need a new door lock module, the same thing happened to the wife's car last year. £25 from eBay and an hour to fit, there's a good 'how to video' on YouTube.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.