Seat Leon FR184

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
So yeah, it’s about time I got around to creating this thread for my 2014 Seat Leon FR184. It has nothing on much of the cars on here, but for a mid-twenties lad who does quite a bit of driving, it’s perfect for me!

Haven’t done too much to it and won’t be doing too much more either but here’s the list of it all:
  • TRC front splitter
  • De-chromed and wrapped behind number plate
  • OEM spoiler (awaiting it to be painted)
  • Rieger rear diffuser (needs trimmed to fit with OEM mudflaps)
  • Pretoria style 18” alloys
I also plan on getting a set of side skirts (either OEM ones or the Rieger OEM style ones) and maybe change the alloys the the gunmetal grey Pretoria’s but that’ll be a good while down the road yet.

DE217582-7262-4E68-9916-021EA72BC61D.jpeg

0C7C0932-6464-46E6-82CD-9FAEACA96993.png

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
They run well with a tuning box, I’ve had a few in different motors and no issues.

The Leon look great in red

Mackers91

RMS Regular
The missus has the 5 door version and loves it, a really nice car to drive! sharp enough too in the 184hp engine. showed her your wheels and now she wants a set 🙄

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Side lip for me, think it just finishes them off. Nice looking car as is all the same.

Does the tuning box for sale on here suit it? Think it was a bit of a bargain.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
OP
AidanMcG
Drives
6R
Side lip for me, think it just finishes them off. Nice looking car as is all the same.

Does the tuning box for sale on here suit it? Think it was a bit of a bargain.
Yeah, I'm swinging more towards getting it on. Cheers!

This one or was there another one? Performance: - DTUK FSR+ Tuning Box Golf R MK7/7.5
Nope as mine is a diesel and not petrol.

Edit: Just seen this one - Performance: - Racechip Tuning box
That might work, I think the engine on the Leon FR184/Golf GTD are the same as the 150bhp versions with a bigger turbo fitted. In two minds over a tuning box as well plus Christmas next week haha

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
This one or was there another one? Performance: - DTUK FSR+ Tuning Box Golf R MK7/7.5
Nope as mine is a diesel and not petrol.
No this one.

Not many details but must be a bargain at that money if it did.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
No this one.

Not many details but must be a bargain at that money if it did.

10mins fits it and you anyone is more than welcome to try it on.

warren

RMS Photographer
Looks well, I bought an ST 184 a few months back with a Revo Stage 1 on it, I’ve not driven a standard power one but I can highly recommend, the pace catches me off guard sometimes when it kicks down!

I do drive it like a granny most of the time though :grinning:

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
OP
AidanMcG
Drives
6R
10mins fits it and you anyone is more than welcome to try it on.
Only seen this now and cheers for the offer to try it out, but was looking through RaceChip's website and it doesn't seem to be compatible with the 180bhp FR's, only the 150bhp ones.

Your (old) Tiguan / 150bhp FR - RaceChip RS GTIN: 4062009099115 / US-PartNo: 909911
180bhp FR - RaceChip RS GTIN: 4062009059317 / US-PartNo: 905931

But you did have me very tempted, as also had a quick look on the SeatCupra forums and they have decent reviews for it as well

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
They are a great box, racechip have offered to swap it to a compatible box for £100 to suit the cupra so I’m tempted but the 290bhp is plenty 😂

The side skirts look really well fitted. I would go for the TRC extensions.

Tyeson

Drives
Seat leon mk
New to this 😁 so I have mk2 seat leon 2.0 turbo tfsi anyone no iff and decent hybrid turbos what people find best what works with seat 😉

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
OP
AidanMcG
Drives
6R
All being well, this should be going up for sale soon (will get a proper post up in the classifieds over the weekend / next week)

128k (half of that by me)
New clutch, flywheel, timing kit, water pump, discs / pads all in the last year or so

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
OP
AidanMcG
Drives
6R
Full advert finally up