Senditnow - Wheels

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
No one wants to lift anything.
I sent an small engine once 32kg paid for double as it was over 20kg they said some one near face planted the floor trying to lift it, laughing at the rep didn't make it any better tbf.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They didn’t used to be that fussy. 40kg a wheel is going to be difficult. Did you try paisley?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Has anyone used senditnow recently? I tried to get a quote there and it said it was unable to collect from any post code on the mainland I put in.

Is there a limit to collection size/weight now? It’s 4 parcels all under the original weight and dimension requirements.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Has anyone used senditnow recently? I tried to get a quote there and it said it was unable to collect from any post code on the mainland I put in.

Is there a limit to collection size/weight now? It’s 4 parcels all under the original weight and dimension requirements.

Could it be capacity constraints due to the strikes etc? Tried getting a quote for drop off instead as that might show it is just pick up issues

Martyn

RMS Regular

Send it now use Royal Mail/parcel force as their carriers - could it be because of the postage strike?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I tried Parcel Force after posting and got no similar messages. They’re a few £ more but will just go with them as at least it’s working!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Parcel Force aren’t striking anyway. Tried Paisley freight?

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I was told last week that its actually more £££ expensive for loose items to be collected than if they are on a pallet

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Did you try using Express Freight? Give them a call, they are always mega helpful.

Send it now used to be good years ago, then the prices jumped massively and the dimensions you could send reduced.

Gone are the days of sending a massive 30kg box for like £11.50!

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I sent 4 wheels and tyres to England a rew weeks back with Parcelforce. Each one was just under 25kg, and it cost £16 for each wheel & tyre.

They have to be wrapped completely in cardboard and the tyres deflated.
IMG-20221027-WA0013.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I sent 4 wheels and tyres to England a rew weeks back with Parcelforce. Each one was just under 25kg, and it cost £16 for each wheel & tyre.

They have to be wrapped completely in cardboard and the tyres deflated. View attachment 382932

I recall pablo saying that before about them being completely covered in cardboard. I wonder if Parcel Force are the same? (I know they are the same company).

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Tits. Not sure how fussy I can expect a seller to be!

Deflated tyres too? First time I’d heard that.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Tits. Not sure how fussy I can expect a seller to be!

Deflated tyres too? First time I’d heard that.
Yeh, when they were being collected, the postman asked if the tyres were deflated. If not, according to him, they won't be allowed to on onto aircraft, and will be diverted to sea crossing. No biggie, but just will delay them by a few days.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Had a wheel collection refused for not being in cardboard on the outer most sides.

Tyres always deflated.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Its all just how picky the collection driver is, have had a couple of sets delivered recently just pallet wrapped with no issues, and stated weight and dimensions a decent bit below what thet actually were. But have had them refused for no cardboard as well.