Show us your ice!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alan_M

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia SRI VX-
What i have atm. Only done about two months but thinking of ripping it out and doing some SPL

DSCF2154.jpg

My last car

newsubs015.jpg

newsubs019.jpg

vette_kid

RMS Regular
Show us what youve got !

no lol. .. i havent posted ANY pics of my install on local sites.. prefer it to be something new to everyones eyes when it eventually gets to a show..... dispite being done for MONTHS now. lol

Bt looking forward to seeing what everyone has hidden in their boot!

baron

RMS Regular
Yeah got the three way, supremo 9 sub, supremo 6 mid and the big tweeters, all I can say OMG and then OMG again and again, the best sounding set of speakers I've ever listed to, it has such a way of making you feel the instuments, if you close your eyes you could swear you can feel the wind from the instuments, only bad thing you really notice the difference between well recorder stuff and crap you find on compilations, and make the ipod sound soooo bad.

It will be at all the sound offs if your about call over and get a listen, i'm also the authorised morel dealer, if your looking anything.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
BMW is excellent!

I have been thinking of 3-way recently - whats all involved in them??

baron

RMS Regular
I went three way so I don't need to run the subs in the boot, so its a front end only sq system, I fitted the two subs either side of the centre console into sealed enclosers, and 6's into each door with 9x sheets of dynamat xtreme in each door, and tweeters on axis on the back of the mirror cap.

Its running fully active so you can really get the best out of them and setup the speakers with more flexabilty to suit the car and installation, it won the last two sound offs on SQ beating cars with focal berilliums and alpine f1's, honestly call over and get a listen, the speakers are only still getting run in but getting sweeter with every minute of listening.

And you have to remember, the beemer, was never built for competing just a shop a/v demo car, theres still so much to setup up to get the full protential out of the system, but leaving it alone till it gets beat and then start playing around with it, but straight out the box an almighty setup

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What all would I need to run 3 way?

I have Focal K2P Comps running off a Genesis 4ch and audiocontrol EQL

baron

RMS Regular
you would need another amp to run active, and possibly an outboard x-over to get the most flexiblity, in my next car i'm running 2 x genesis 4 channels for the front end, the 1st amp running tweeters on the front and mids on the rear, and second amp bridged to run the midbass in the doors, keeping the amps the same means the music characteristics of the amps will be same but with more power going to the midbass where its needed most.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
awesome baron with the supremos! id love a listen to them, ever see the hiquophons, soooo similar. bad thing with the supremos, like focal tlr's, massive face plates but they look and sound awesome

some of my favourite tweeters those (even though im yet to hear a set)

baron

RMS Regular
Pete you really need to get a listen, theres so much more to get out of them, but just running them in gently before I start tweeking anymore, as everytime I put the rta in the curve changes so much, and the sound keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.

To be honest, a customer of mine has a set of supremo piccolos in his e46 and theres very little if no difference between them, and they are very easily fitted, his are behind the factory tweerter grill.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Nothing in at all at the minute but these are sitting waiting

i12737.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.