"smart" paint repairs in NI?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rfg

RMS Regular
A friend has a black E90 BMW that has been hit by an egg just below the wing mirror at the seam line can anyone repair it in NI using smart repairs rather than repainting the panel also I might have more work if they are any good.

TIA
Ronnie

Rfg

RMS Regular
OP
Rfg
thats what I origionally thought but its down to the white base and there is too many marks (chips) to fill in by hand and make it look anyway decent. Ihave given it a bit of a sant to take the rough look off it but he dosent want to paint the door as he wants to keep her origional thats why I thought about the airbrush smart repair. was also thinking about a Dr colorchip reepair as well.

Detail NI

RMS Regular
wouldnt go to halfords.

jeremy from chipsaway would be your best man to blow it in....

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
You whould get a better job painting the panel....

Can you not 1000 grit it, and machine it... Might take the bad look of it...

1000 grit are you crazy man:p

RCT

RMS Regular
Ive seen plenty of 'smart' repairs and tbh most make the paint look abit 'dull/ flowery'. You can normally see where the repair has been done if you look closely. If it was my own car I wouldn't get a smart repair done. Take it to the bodyshop and get it done right 1st time, and pay once is what I recommend(y)

Rfg

RMS Regular
OP
Rfg
PM sent Lad.. are you mobile by any chance?

it leave a round mark of hundreds of chips usually to either the base or the metal Keying your car causes less damage!!! plus if you dont clean it it will also wreck your clear coat pretty quickly

Rfg

RMS Regular
OP
Rfg
My wife had her new black Focus pelted with one right in the middle of the rear quarter £600 later it was repainted the insurance did not want to touch it as it is classed the same as stone chips even with fully comp... the panel had to be fully rubbed back to the metal to remove it so its not a wet on wet sand, paint then buff job.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
My wife had her new black Focus pelted with one right in the middle of the rear quarter £600 later it was repainted the insurance did not want to touch it as it is classed the same as stone chips even with fully comp... the panel had to be fully rubbed back to the metal to remove it so its not a wet on wet sand, paint then buff job.

I've only ever had an egg pelted at me when I was learning to drive, the wee feckers were hiding behind bushes at the side of the road

does it cut through any wax/sealant on the bodywork too?

Rfg

RMS Regular
OP
Rfg
Yep if it lift paint. Wax does not give any protection to thing thie that. an egg hitting a car is the same as a stone hitting it. thats what people who egg cars dont understand.

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
Girlfriend bought car from a dealer which had a dent on rear quarter, i told him to knock £200 off the price so i cud get my friend to repair it, he told me i was insane and he could have it fixed for £60 so i let him work away as he wasnt for budging.

Anyways it was ok for her as she barely washes the car, but i wouldnt be happy with it on my own car as its obvious where the repair was done so i guess it depends on how fussy your friend is.

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
im with rct,iv seen dozens of these "smart" repairs done at work and they are all terrible,iv even seen boys painting in the rain!Always silicone dimples,orange peel,dirt trapped under laquer etc!It would piss you off that much probably you'd want the repair repaired lol

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
Ronnie, if you come across anyone that does a really good job let me know. The gf's sister finished school last year and the customary 6th form antics turned to eggs leaving her with 2 bad marks on each door.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
From £95 though...

That would near enough paint the entire bumper again?

as I said you get what you pay for..real upmarket place .my mate works there and Johnny Bradley runs the shop and does the training as it's a training centre too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.