Speed Camera Antrim road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Dark, chatting and never noticed was probably what the driver who hit my friend, nearly killed him and put him in hospital for 7 weeks on that spot used as an excuse. Take the hit as its the least you deserve on that part of the road.

very possible...but that isnt speeding. That's not paying attention. Cameras dont do anything for that offence.

And without knowing what time of day, road conditions, traffic levels etc then no, Not everyone who gets nabbed by a speed camera deserves punishment.

conan

RMS Regular
Drives
MKIV Supra
very possible...but that isnt speeding. That's not paying attention. Cameras dont do anything for that offence.

And without knowing what time of day, road conditions, traffic levels etc then no, Not everyone who gets nabbed by a speed camera deserves punishment.
I agree fully not every one who gets nabbed deserves a fine but the issue was relating to that part of the Antrim Road outside a Primary school, bar and close to a secondary school were wissim was caught. All the factors of the time of day,road conditions etc are fine but there are a lot of muppetts who do not take these factors into consideration hense that camera. Sorry if i'm on a rant.

wissim

RMS Regular
OP
wissim
Drives
Ford Mondeo
Just cause I didnt see the camera doesnt mean I wasn't looking at the road! The camera is a fixed object on the footpath, I would rather be looking at the road in front of me and the traffic!

Andyreww

RMS Member
Yeah got caught doing 39mph on the road, and got the option to go to the AA and do a course as it was my first offense 40mph is hardly crime of the century but I'm afraid you'll get a letter through the door

p.s the light is a strong one :L

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I agree fully not every one who gets nabbed deserves a fine but the issue was relating to that part of the Antrim Road outside a Primary school, bar and close to a secondary school were wissim was caught. All the factors of the time of day,road conditions etc are fine but there are a lot of muppetts who do not take these factors into consideration hense that camera. Sorry if i'm on a rant.

I was in court once many years ago, and the prosecutor read out a big spiel about a car drifting in a car park, kicking up stones which were hitting a party of children playing nearby on a busy carpark on a sunday afternoon etc etc.

When he was corrected that the incident was actually in an empty car park at 2am.....well, the judge didnt care.
How on earth these people are allowed to tell blatant lies and get away with it, is beyond me.

Again, Primary school would only play a part if it was within school hours.

Wasnt there a fiasco a while back around Maghera with people getting caught speeding, and using the school on the road as justification ? The same school that had been closed for over a year ?

So yes there are schools present, but if the alleged offence occurred well out of school hours, anyone trying to use the schools presence as justification has no grounds whatsoever.

crazy-horse-power

RMS Regular
When he was corrected that the incident was actually in an empty car park at 2am.....well, the judge didnt care.
How on earth these people are allowed to tell blatant lies and get away with it, is beyond me.

stevie they get away with it because they are fooking gangsters 8o| and these are the people who let the joy riding killing scumbags off with everything they do ! or represent them in court ! but the law a biding citizens are made to pay when they put a foot wrong

pablo

RMS Moderator
Limit is the limit unfortunately. A human would prob let it slide if it was late on tho. Cameras not so understanding :worried:

conan

RMS Regular
Drives
MKIV Supra
Just cause I didnt see the camera doesnt mean I wasn't looking at the road! The camera is a fixed object on the footpath, I would rather be looking at the road in front of me and the traffic!
So you didnt see the big YELLOW "Fixed object on the footpath". If you were looking at the road you would have noticed the white markers and if you missed those too like you did then try and pay more attention next time.

wissim

RMS Regular
OP
wissim
Drives
Ford Mondeo
I dont appreciate the abuse. All I wanted to know was if the camera was operational. If you have nothing constructive to say then leave it.

conan

RMS Regular
Drives
MKIV Supra
I dont appreciate the abuse. All I wanted to know was if the camera was operational. If you have nothing constructive to say then leave it.
No abuse meant bud sorry if it seemed that way.

slag

RMS Regular

Don't worry I got caught doin 58 on the bike, on the same camera a few years ago.. :p

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Limit is the limit unfortunately. A human would prob let it slide if it was late on tho. Cameras not so understanding :worried:

A human let me off with about 70 in a 30 once lol. In my defense, it was 3am :cool:

@ Wissim - Some of the ones on here have clearly never gone over the limit before.

If it makes you feel any better I think I may have got caught in Hillsborough the other morning. The *******s where sitting on a bit of road that goes up and down hills quickly so it is hard to maintain a steady speed. Twats.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Im just glad this isnt the mainland ,wth camera,s everywhere .
At least we only have a few fixed cameras which most people
know of . To sum up ..could be worse .;)

wissim

RMS Regular
OP
wissim
Drives
Ford Mondeo
Just to let u know.... Nothing has came of this yet for me???

pablo

RMS Moderator
its a rear facing camera so just the car I believe, from behind.

dont be getting someone else to take your points now :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.