Speed Cameras (specs) On Bangor Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

deevtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.8 VTi (m
Do they actually work though I work cultra some tuesdaysan Bangor the following Tuesday's an peopl always pass me when I'm At the limit! And also what hAppens when lights are red

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It definitely had a flash of light come out of it, twice, with about 2 seconds between each one. Well if you's are right, then i'll not argue as i sat worrying at the time that i was gonna be done for speeding, even when i was within the limit. Eh. Think i must be going do-lally. :confounded:

SPECS cameras do not need a flash, and they are not fitted with a flash.

So the flash you seen was something else.

evie

RMS Regular
Drives
Yaris
I know, you already said. Hence my do-lally part at the end. Must have been a reflection then. I dunno. :confounded:

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
I beg to differ. Use this road twice a day and still haven't had a letter through the post ;-)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What is this, a ****ing panto lol?! Oh hooooo yes they do :p

Sure even Brocks said in that thread they are plus ones on here have posted about being nabbed on the A2 (different thread though by the looks of it). Unless not all work of course or they've been switched off recently? But definitely were working at one point...

Mark_C

RMS Regular
someone I KNOW accidentally did 60 through the whole section from holywood to bangor over 2 months ago and still heard nothing.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I always stick to 40-50-60 on that road out of fear but people speed past all the time... especially the 40 zone at holywood

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I travel it every day at 10mph over the speed limits, as do many others around me.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I always stick to 40-50-60 on that road out of fear but people speed past all the time... especially the 40 zone at holywood

Yes I see plenty doing this also, in the f*cking outside lane the whole way along the road!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yeah ive tested it out at 10mph over each limit in the past and never heard nothing also, so the tolerances must be high, but there was definitely a couple of people on here who have been caught as well as an article in the news before about a couple of folk too, so they must have been doing ridiculous speeds lol.

Near sure vicious monkey was one of them?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
No they dont
AHAAAA, i see a post from your good self :p
There are only a couple of "sections" between sets of SPECS cameras that do work. The rest I happily plod along at 70 in a 40, for example

But also as i thought (how sad i recall such things, wish my memory was as good elsewhere :worried:)
yeah i got caught in november doing 73 past the garden centre! they've worked for ages!
Near sure there was someone else here too but cant recall :worried:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I think ive said this on another thread, but a while ago my bro did 70+ in an emergency and heard nothing..

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I always thought that some of the "sets" worked and some didn't, some have too many traffic lights in between them

As they are average speed....if the lights are red, then it's assumed you wont have had much chance to speed in between them anyway.

They will definitely be more effective than a single fixed site camera. Even with them though, Ive seen quite a few idiotic crashes on that road since they were fitted.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
lol, what a waste of money...

How so ?

Allegedly cameras arent used to catch people speeding, they are used to prevent speeding. Although in the case of average speed cameras they do stand a good chance of doing that job. Fixed site single cameras are totally and utterly useless as far as road safety goes.

But have they stopped accidents ? nope.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Stevie I just don't see the point in spending serious cash on stuff that doesn't actually work.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Stevie I just don't see the point in spending serious cash on stuff that doesn't actually work.

If it prevents people speeding on the road. They have worked.

The only way you would describe them having not worked, is if the intention was only to fine people. So in that respect, this is one unique set of speed cameras !!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I know they work in that sense, I just meant actually operate, or maybe the rock means that only some of them are suppose to operate in the first place.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.