Temp Insurance on UK car for NZ resident...

Martyn

RMS Regular
Hi Folks.

Looking for some quick and good advice for the following.

Have a friend coming home to NI and looking to add them on their mum's car insurance policy for 3 weeks.

They are a a NZ resident with a NZ licence and their UK licence expired in 2021.

Wasn't able to add to main policy for the car as apparently only UK or EU licences can be added. Trying to get other online quotes for a temporary policy but all saying they can't provide a quote. Has anyone any advice on any companies that will quote for this.
Thanks

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If they apply for their uk licence again I think their licence is then valid from the date of application?

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
My father has this issue when trying to insure my Dubai based sister who stupidly gave up her UK license. Struggled to find an insurer who would do it. I’ll ask him who did it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
We found it cheaper to rent a motor than lend one of mine out of the fleet to a mate and then insure it.

He was going through a local company in OZ for insurance.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
If they apply for their uk licence again I think their licence is then valid from the date of application?
I believe so as long as its "qualifying" I.e you haven't missed something or paid the wrong amount
They are due here tomorrow so may be a little late?
Do it online if its only a standard car licence (I.e no HGV or BUS). Never tried it myself so don't know how easy or hard it is

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
The wife dilly dallied for ages getting her UK license. I never had any issued getting her on my policy on a full international license and I moved around companies quite a bit. I just used a price comparison site.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
good result. we also just moved to LV last week but the wife is now on a full UK license as of May (finally)