terra clean?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
just go the old-skool route and spray/mist water down the inlet pre-throttle body

Maybe that's what terraclean is , could be just water..... But then its a load of balls , is terraclean less effective than water ?

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
Mixed reviews then, im not sure how much the Ards ones charge but I don't think i'd pay £90 for it. Maybe 40 or 50 and id consider it. With 108k on the engine in a dirty diesel it may be beneficial. Maybe an italian tune up would be just as good

Gambit

RMS Regular
Maybe that's what terraclean is , could be just water..... But then its a load of balls , is terraclean less effective than water ?

no terraclean is a fuel additive, they connect into your fuel line and its injected into the cylinders that way. the old skool method just uses induction to suck water into the cylinders via the inlet, this then atomises and turns to steam, which inturn decokes

colin84

RMS Regular
I think Neil from
Mixed reviews then, im not sure how much the Ards ones charge but I don't think i'd pay £90 for it. Maybe 40 or 50 and id consider it. With 108k on the engine in a dirty diesel it may be beneficial. Maybe an italian tune up would be just as good

I am nearly sure Neil the rep from Newtownabbey told me it would be £180 for my 330d.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
no terraclean is a fuel additive, they connect into your fuel line and its injected into the cylinders that way. the old skool method just uses induction to suck water into the cylinders via the inlet, this then atomises and turns to steam, which inturn decokes

yeah, @dingle has already had this done and is familiar with the terraclean process, i assume you didnt notice his comment was dripping with sarcasm

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Fella in Newtownards does this now. My boss had it done a few weeks back on his Mondeo ST derv. Cost £99. He claims to have better mpg (+10mpg) and throttle response.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
had this done by felim at terra clean donegal. think it was £100. Was done on my 2006 a4 1.9tdi sline with 123k on car. it brought back a bit of power. it took a good 2-4 weeks before i seen the MPG raise. Id get it done again on a car with big miles or a petrol car but would probably pay £80 wouldnt go the £100 again.

Last edited:

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG

No what you have here is mixed "views" not mixed "reviews".
So you have people like me that have done it and have an idea what they are talking about. Then you have others who have weighed into the thread, have no experience of the process or product and have declared it "balls".
I have read many threads on many forums about this product as I don't part with money easily and the threads all run like this. One or two folk reporting back with positive real world results, and a bunch of others who stand on the side lines trying to shout it down as they refuse to understand that it could work (but will still tell you that pumping water in your engine and Italian tune ups are great).

One point I do agree with though - It's a bit pricey - If it was half the price it would be a no brainer for everyone.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Yes I have had it done, I know what it is.
It's NOT a fuel additive either, that's exactly what it isn't.

Gambit

RMS Regular
yes sorry i misread your 'dripping with sarcasm' post originally. if you read page 1 youll see i enquired about it before so not standing on the sidelines either i genuinely was interested in doing it, and maybe fuel additive was the wrong wording what i meant is it added via the fuel injectors and not the inlet as per water method. Price was my sticking point hence attempting a group buy.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
yes sorry i misread your 'dripping with sarcasm' post originally. if you read page 1 youll see i enquired about it before so not standing on the sidelines either i genuinely was interested in doing it, and maybe fuel additive was the wrong wording what i meant is it added via the fuel injectors and not the inlet as per water method. Price was my sticking point hence attempting a group buy.

A group buy would be a great idea :grinning:

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Priced this last night the boy said normally £120 a car and £65 extra for some introduction thing that the rst would benefit from. He said he would do both the passat and rst for £240 that's including the introduction thing is that worth it or is this a gimmick.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
Priced this last night the boy said normally £120 a car and £65 extra for some introduction thing that the rst would benefit from. He said he would do both the passat and rst for £240 that's including the introduction thing is that worth it or is this a gimmick.

ive had 7 cars done by neil and everyone of them has improved from having it done. i take it thats who you have contacted?

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
ive had 7 cars done by neil and everyone of them has improved from having it done. i take it thats who you have contacted?

Terra clean on Facebook he is from Kilrea I think. Not sure if that is Neil or not.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Regardless of whether it actually "works" or not, it would have to be one massive increase in mpg to justify £100-200 for a clean...

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
my gf's dad is getting his e92 m3 down so will let yahs know what he thinks. He got his work van done and he said it made a big difference with it!

Although, i think its one of those things.. you think about it so much you realise a difference when there might not be one lol.. in this case with teraclean, if you think about it enough when you get it done, youll probably drive different for the mpg increase and with throttle response, youll feel a difference its there or not.. thats what id probably do anyways lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I imagine it would be a similar effect to putting in fresh spark plugs, and/or cleaning the injectors. Which does make a difference, for a while.

So you could get that done at the next service (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.