The Hornet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Sold the Civic back in March and a few months later I ended up with this.

'07 Honda CB600F aka Hornet.

Excuse the rubbish picture quality!

SAM_0250.jpg

SAM_0255.jpg

SAM_0253.jpg

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Never really liked the new shape Hornets until now :grinning: The sunlight really sets off that blue.

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Cheers for the comments. Only passed my test 4 weeks ago so I'm getting used to it atm. Insurance asked for a restriction certificate so unfortunately it's restricted, but there's still enough power to get you into trouble!!

I'm thinking of a nice can and tail tidy to freshen it up a bit.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Cheers for the comments. Only passed my test 4 weeks ago so I'm getting used to it atm. Insurance asked for a restriction certificate so unfortunately it's restricted, but there's still enough power to get you into trouble!!

I'm thinking of a nice can and tail tidy to freshen it up a bit.
Bar end mirrors would set it off nicely too. Would make it look sleeker and more aggressive imo

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Any pictures to show me what they're like Polo?

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Looking good! Best colour for them as well (y) Never been a massive fan of the 2007 on Hornets. They dont seem as "butch" looking (IMO) as the older ones but I'd say it would look pretty awesome done up as a streetfighter! :laughing:
unfortunately it's restricted, but there's still enough power to get you into trouble!!
Is the restriction just a low power ECU in these or is there a throttle stop as well? If you think shes quick enough now wait till you experience her with 3x the power ;)
Health to ride!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I have no idea what they are like to ride etc because I'm a bike n00b but I think they are awesome looking wee things.

Couldnt be slow at 985cc either could they?

Quite a fan of the old supermotos too
83BHP Twin so full of torque so don't expect to jump off an L plated 125 and expect to be able to handle one.

Also,as a discontinued brand,consumables and spares availabilty would be questionable.

**Older cousin advice time**
Don't try to run before you can walk and don't take James to look at bikes with you.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
In terms of bikes I can't even crawl nevermind walk or run. Maybe some time in the future I'll do my test and get a bike. Couldn't afford one with the car at university.

Lol why not?

Sanz

RMS Regular
OP
Sanz
Drives
Fireblade
Looking good! Best colour for them as well (y) Never been a massive fan of the 2007 on Hornets. They dont seem as "butch" looking (IMO) as the older ones but I'd say it would look pretty awesome done up as a streetfighter! :laughing:

Is the restriction just a low power ECU in these or is there a throttle stop as well? If you think shes quick enough now wait till you experience her with 3x the power ;)
Health to ride!

It's just a throttle stop. It doesn't rev right out to 15k, hits a wall at around 8k bit it's still very sharp!

I never really liked the older hornets, couldn't warm to the high level can and the single lamp. I'll get a tail tidy and different can to tidy this up.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Gorgeous bike mate, Keep her on the road (y) not down it lol.

Dominator or small double chrome lamps would turn this bike into pure sex.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
In terms of bikes I can't even crawl nevermind walk or run. Maybe some time in the future I'll do my test and get a bike. Couldn't afford one with the car at university.

Lol why not?
He tells you to buy one bike,then a week later while hes pawing over it with his fingers covered in icecream calmly says "I told you,you should have got a new one"

This was when buying the Fazer :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.