Todds Leap - 4x4 Day - Feb 8th 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Thanks to @Nicky for arranging; all questions should be addressed to him. This thread is to confirm the booking for Todds leap 4x4 day:

Confirmed for Sunday 8th February 2015

• Price is £30 PER VEHICLE
    • This is half the normal price.
    • Time booked: 10am to dark.
    • Cooked breakfast (if you want it) will be available from around 9am (about a fiver extra)
    • Lunch available (again, about £6ish extra)
    • 10 vehicle spaces available
    • Zipline activity also available for extra (£15)
    • One free recovery, there may be extra charges for additional recovery (or major recoveries involving everyone from RMS (lol :p)) so bring a rope!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Very keen but theres literally not a mark on the Colorado and not intending to spoil that! - whats the chances of getting round without hitting briars/branches? Tyres are good all terrains.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'll have slings and shackles in the boot of the car, and the essential tools with me anyway just to be sure.

As a quick check list, I'd advise checking the following:

Spare wheel (jack and wheel brace too)
Engine oil
Coolant
Screen wash
Ensure towing eyes are present (if removable)

Wouldn't be planning on wearing the Sunday shoes or slacks either. It can get dirty enough if you're getting out of the jeep. I was thankful I'd the boiler suit with me for the rescue mission...

I'll bring an additional 15" 6x139 wheels and tyre with me in case anyone needs it.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Very keen but theres literally not a mark on the Colorado and not intending to spoil that! - whats the chances of getting round without hitting briars/branches? Tyres are good all terrains.

Hard to say. There's trees/bushes on site so a go faster stripe is very possible if you're not careful.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looking forward to this though I have a load of work to do to the Shogun when I get home, then MOT it, and in the middle of all that I've to sell the Smart car and pack the house up and move before I come back out to Iraq with work!

Busy couple of weeks ahead!

Who's all doing breakfast and maybe arrange to meet at Sprucefield to drive over?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Will be going to Todds for a fry up as well :grinning:

Slightly limited fuel range and top speed on the offroad spec Jimny... I'm probably going to be a hindrance so I'll meet you all up there.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Last time I believe there was a meet point at sprucefield and at Moira roundabout.
And i'll be going for a fry before hand as well.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ah Moira is handier for me if you're going to be there @Andy044? And @Coog i don't mind doing 50mph all the way there, I should get at least 20mpg that way!

Last edited:

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Suits me @gav525 I'll be bringing the Series 3 on a trailer so will be limited in speed too but at least i'll be able to go quicker than the series 3's top speed of 45mph lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Moira grand for me too if neither of you mind doing 55mph the whole way there. Is that the roundabout with the filling station at it? Would be ideal.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Sounds good to me guys. I'll meet Yous at Moira too. Shall we say 9.15/9.30 at that petrol station?

And don't worry @gav525 im moving into a new house that weekend too. Need some 'me' time too though, so Sunday is my own :p

@dirty dave - the trails are all well used and the majority are wide open. I didn't notice a mark on the Frontera when I got her home, and Karl was there in his daily Touraeg and I don't think he put a mark on it either, and he went everywhere possible too.

The jeep that got stuck the last day was a wee Shogun that was in mint condition, and the only reason it got stuck is because he tried to venture up a quad track that was too narrow for the jeep, so she slipped the 2 drivers wheels off the hard surface and wouldn't move unaided. Even after winching it out, and rescuing it, I think it got away with a scratch on the tow bar bracket from using the farm jack to get a bit of height under the back end of it...

Is it wrong for me to want to see the winch wagon called upon again? Lol

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Might need to be earlier than that for those who want to get the breakfast tho. Im not fussed either way tbh, I can eat before I go if necessary.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Will have to think about this. Defender is going in for a detail the week before and I don't think I could bring myself to throw it straight in the mud!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Will have to think about this. Defender is going in for a detail the week before and I don't think I could bring myself to throw it straight in the mud!!

Get the detail done the week after.....problem solved (y)

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Get the detail done the week after.....problem solved (y)
Cant unfortunately as I need the car everyday for work (n) Its going in on 28th when I'm in England

Also don't think pete would appreciate me leaving the car off to him up to its gills in mud!!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
But it looks so pretty when clean :imp:
8947_10152879523362726_8124777061942534816_n.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.