Tornado Red Golf R 7.5 Estate

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Originally looking at A6 3.0 TFSI which were very thin on the ground, leggy and nearing 10 year old or S6 Avants but with huge Bork Potential so came to my senses a bit.

Expanded and updated search criteria; Petrol; Estate; Auto; sub 5s 0-60, Sub 50k Miles - which pretty cut the choice to Golf R, Cupra, S4, SQ2 or Ateca in my budget.

in a very Lyons-esque fashion I updated UCNI, Autotrader, Gumtree and Face-ache market place constantly.

A add for Golf R Estate popped up in Lisburn that I shared with @Coog at a time where I wasn't really set on what I wanted - turned out to be a clinker and he bought it. Got a spin in it after he took delivery and thought it ticked all the boxes. Also confirmed that the R7.5 just seemed to be a much fresher place to be and the 17 18 model before GPF.

Fast Forward to 5th October, viewing this at a Dealer up the country (Sam Creith Motors who were great to deal with btw) and left a deposit.

Originally wanted lapiz Blue but Tornado red was lovely in person with gloss black mirror caps and roof rails.

IMG_20221026_095046.jpg

IMG_20221026_095036.jpg

IMG_20221026_095055.jpg

IMG_20221026_095207.jpg

Spec was great. All the standard spec such as Adaptive Cruise, Android Auto etc but with DCC, Rear View Camera and Climate windscreen.

Added Bonus that its under VW warranty, Recovery and Service Plan until May next year.

MPG been decent too if you stay out of Race mode.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Great, perfect all rounders with so much potential for more power and better handling! :grinning:

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
OP
hannakournikova
Great, perfect all rounders with so much potential for more power and better handling! :grinning:
Maybe Remap when the warranty is out. Enough ooomph to keep me happy for the time being though. Need to play about with the DCC settings but its there to serve a purpose of hauling 2 kids about and boots full of sheite.
Lovely motor, out of my budget but would be exactly what I’d be after. I do prefer the pretoria’s though, if you could manage to slowly switch one at a time with @Coog he might not even notice. Enjoy.
My budget did have to come up, a good bit, but didn't want to sacrifice a good motor over something with twice the mileage, been dicked about with and tail light warranty.
Yea, Pretorias would have been nice, I think if I switch one wheel at time over a few months he wont notice 😇

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Fantastic whip. Red is smashing colour for these too

The facelift tail lights are a huge upgrade on the 7.5 vs the 7R estate. The normal ones are pretty basic by comparison.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That looks great, they are a great looking car in estate form. The service plan is handy, I got one with mine but it was serviced in May and I’ve 10k on it since so will be back in. Was sort of hoping to get 2/3 years out of it 😂

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
A fine wagon, enjoy! Nice to see you figured out how to use the loud pedal properly since the high mpg pic you sent me 😝

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
OP
hannakournikova
Not much of an update.
Ordered genuine front and rear mudflaps at £150 while in Philips booking it in for the dreaded leaking thermostat housing.

Luckily it’s under warranty from VW and the dealer so at least I’m covered either way.
Vw can’t take it in until 21st Feb.

163FC4A2-1043-4110-8017-F11C3F69BC74.jpeg

86FF2AC7-F97D-459F-8131-B4A5F70C8DAF.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
No brainer IMO. I extended the warranty on our R for £300, that was before that “All in” thing. Bargain!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
can you not jump on the "All in" by Volkswagen scheme?

All in by Volkswagen​

24 Monthly Payments
£29.99
  • available:1 x Minor
  • available:1 x Major
  • available:2 x MOT
  • available:Up to two years Warranty
  • available:2 years Roadside Assistance
Won’t be here more than 6months, so can’t as it’s like a credit agreement ☹️

Also mapped, exhaust system and revo intake so doubt they would let it be added.