Towing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cormac

RMS Regular
A m8 was telling me yesterday about an article in a local paper about 2 chaps who were fined for towing an untaxed, insured or moted car on a road,

I always thought it was legal to tow a car as long as u used a towing bar ( as ropes are iligal) to do so,

So what does the law say??

Cormac

POD

RMS Regular
i know i used to tow the race car on a a-bracket from nutts to b'court, past police and not a wimper.

maybe they where done for not having the correct lights in the trailing car, or the car was not entirly mechanical sound( i.e stuff falling off or trailing the ground)

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
think its illegal if the car has 4 wheels on the ground and it's not right for the road. heard about a lad towing a stock car from blythes race track a few years ago with a tractor getting done for this

Dermot

As posted already... 2 wheels on the ground is Legal... 4 wheels on the Ground is illegal... If the cars sitting outside your front door not taxed they can Lift it... So of course they can lift it from the roadside..

Also you need to have a licence and insurance on the car bein towed... Cause the courts reackon your in control of a the vehicle ... Your not really though, The guy in front decides where you go ...lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.