Track car mot - stripped interior

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
As per title I’ve a wee track car which I plan to keep road legal for a year or two if it isn’t too much hassle.

Has anyone had bother with the mot centres when they present a car with the rear seats and belts removed etc.

I still plan to have the front main dashboard installed etc for now but it would be stripped from the front seats back and probably a bucket seat for the driver and maybe standard passenger seat for now.

Obviously I’ll find a way round any airbag lights etc with resistors for removed equipment.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Reactions: IL

AC

RMS Regular
I’ve a Clio with no rear seats, half cage, bolted in buckets, harnesses and no airbags (OMP wheel).

Passes MOT fine. Just remove the belts.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
If the physical parts aren't there, they can't fail them.

For the last five years, I've taken two cars for annual MOT with child seats in place in the back. They don't even check the seat belts in the back because of it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Resistors instead of actual airbags is technically a fail. I think you’d need to be very unlucky though.

Depending on the child seat arrangement, they do check them. Seats held in with the belt are left alone. Booster type seats are (or should be) checked.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I only got questioned about the airbags on the MX5 once, he wanted to know if they were still there, which they weren't because a rough landing or a big hole in a test could result in an airbag in the face and a crash. He said that was fine. Same reason I took out the ABS, because you have to run with the fuse pulled or each time you pull the hydro it would go crazy, so no point in it being there. Handy that all of that weighed around 18kg too.