Trackskills 24/07/11

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Anyone planning on heading down to Kirkistown this Sunday?

Hope to get down myself and hopefully the weather holds up :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Usually ok to just turn up these days Boydie, but best to book in advance in case it turns out to be a popular day.

Weather looking ok at the moment. Will probably have to sit this one out, but should be out again in August.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Weather isnt an issue, sideways rain and I was out on sunday there! Lol

Kirkistown is its own weather so no weather forecast can give you a clear idea either.

Just watch out for fishermans.. does it ever dry up?!

Jonny F

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny F
Drives
Leon Cupra
Will be on radio and flag duties as usual :grinning: looking forward to it

Hopefully I'll not follow in Paul's footsteps lol!

@ Souleh, the last gti trackday I did nearly 2 years was damp, it would be nice to do a dry one. I've castrol srf brake fluid in now as well as AP 2 piece discs which I should eliminate brake fade that I suffered from the last time.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
@ Souleh, the last gti trackday I did nearly 2 years was damp, it would be nice to do a dry one. I've castrol srf brake fluid in now as well as AP 2 piece discs which I should eliminate brake fade that I suffered from the last time.

Damp isnt bad, sitting water is the problem! Lol

281852_10150316935737790_507152789_9325856_1626583_n.jpg

Neil G

RMS Regular
Drives
LY 255 clio V6
i'll probably call up and see whats out, it'l be very tempting to go out even though the clio's up for sale.. depends if theres anything out similar to play with so we'll see

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Will be great tomorrow, nice and warm and no sign of any rain :grinning: With racing today the track should be very sticky too come Sunday :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Will be great tomorrow, nice and warm and no sign of any rain :grinning: With racing today the track should be very sticky too come Sunday :grinning:

Hopefully no one covers it in oil on you - If its anything like today youll have a cracking day with loads of grip

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
I don't have the starlet ready for tomorrow, would have been my first time on the track too, but sure, better waiting until I have the right parts, pads etc.

Ill be taking a run over to watch anyway, maybe get speaking to a few guys for some advice

See yas tomorrow

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I was down at it. Lovely weather and good days driving.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Popped down for a very quick nosy, cracking day indeed! Someone was having fun diffing a caterham around the hairpin

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
cracking day, couldnt have asked for better weather... im like a lobster lol. Good selection of cars too. The RX7 was some job and the Dimma 205 was surprisingly quick also. As I said above, I haven't quite got my car ready for the track yet, hopefully by the next event it will be ready, but still got a run out in the sierra 4x4 safety car, the guy giving some really helpful tips / lines etc, so hopefully will make my life abit easier once I hit the track for the first time..

Was also surprised how well priced the tyres where in the Adair mobile shop... 195/50/15 Toyo R-1R for £67 fitted inc. VAT... can't argue with that.. the likes of Camskill and others can't beat that, and that's not even taking delivery into account too.

Looking forward to the next event

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Take it the rx7 was vicious down the straight? Didnt look to be firing much into the hairpin when he came down but he was always a car ahead each time I saw it

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Popped down for a very quick nosy, cracking day indeed! Someone was having fun diffing a caterham around the hairpin

that was me in the orange baby grow at the hairpin :p

Also th RX7 was the big time leader in the saloon grid racing last year so the car is more than capable :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Nice, didnt realise or id have came and said hi :grinning:
Was hoping the dog knew not to go chasing cars! Lol

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Weather was great, and a lot of nice stuff out on track, the Dimma 205 was fast, and pissing some serious amounts of petrol out when it was pushed left coming outta the Chicane.

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
That the one with its arse on the floor?

No it was the red 205 with the dimma wide arch kit on it, oil cooler out the front bumper and as said above, about a litre of petrol pissing out the cap on the left handers

But yea that rx7 was quick on the straights, give that porche a headache

Jonny F

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny F
Drives
Leon Cupra
I had a ball yesterday, the weather was fantastic and the Focus held up really well and didn't run out of brakes this time! I was surprised by the handling, that was the 1st time that I've pushed it hard since I got it 4 years ago. Personally loved the exige it took yards out of me on the brakes and then some more on the corners!

Just need 2 new front tyres now :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.