Trackskills on Sunday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Missed the last day, cannot wait for Sunday. :grinning: Who else is coming?

Weather report looking very good.

And some special entertainment promised this time :p
From Donal: "I'm off to find another sacrificial virgin to ensure good weather"

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I'll be down after lunch when the hangover eases. Email from Donal was indeed amusing this month!

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I will be there should be a good day. Got rid of the useless red-stuff pads and put some DS2500s which should be much better(y)

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
A quick question on trackdays. Apart from the initial cost, how much do people pay on tyres/brakes/fuel/insurance?

How much gets scrubbed off tyres and pads at Kirki in a one hour session.

clio_craig

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault clio
front left tire takes a fair beating? so do standard pads? fuel- depends on the car? insurance.....who uses that?

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
Front left is bound to get it worse with colonials 1, fishermans, entrance to chicane and hairpin all being right handed. I know Harry in the clio thrased a set of brakes after 3 or 4 laps at one track day.

Its hard on a standard motor, would love a kit car some time and take her for a spin.

V8

RMS Regular
Bring a tool box and a trolly jack with you. If you want to be careful, switch the wheels between sessions.

You are braking from flat once to 50 and once to 30, every lap. A lap is only 1.5 miles so your brakes don't get time to cool down. Always have a spare set of pads with you. Better to be looking at them than for them!

4 x 15 minutes is the least you should get. If you are there early and stay all day you could easily double that and you'll end up going to the petrol station before the end of the day.

Lastly, your road insurance ceases as you go on track.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
your road ceases as you go onto track, unless your with adrian flux

only flaw in that one though is you must ring and notify them that you are using the car ontrack, before you do so as your car is covered at the track day!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any chance of a passenger run with someone?

Most are happy to take passengers. Passenger seat in the Elise is free :grinning: Just bring something to read for the straights :p

Make sure to get a run with Paul in the black megabusa :grinning:

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
might take a run down to this on the bike if the weather stays good

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Had a great day today....

Got too warm for my fair skin lol had to get out early :worried:

Some lethal quick cars, RX7 and the scooby along with the megabusa's.

I've an incar video from the scooby, which I'll try to get off my phone and uploaded to youtube or somewhere.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Awesome day today! New set of tyres on the mini will be needed i think!

:grinning:

This wee mini ? It was a real cracker !! and goin well to for all the size of it !!

mini.jpg

Note off the scoob was immense and the RX7 sounded fantastic as well (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.